Appearing in "Dark Moon Rising, Part III of VI"
- Norman Madison
- Alex (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Dark Moon Rising, Part III of VI"
Julie Madison goes out with two of her friends to try and feel better about her father's difficulties. Although they aren't interested, another woman in the bar, Dala, over-hears and offers to help. Her boyfriend offers confidential counselling to the rich and influential. She gives her a business card- with the Monk's name (Niccolai Tepes) on it.
Julie comes home to find the locks changed on all the doors.
Batman is concentrating on the missing heroin shipment, but cannot find it, and is preoccupied by the murders committed by the Monk.
Julie goes to see Dala's boyfriend, the counselor, and finds an impressive castle as his home. Niccolai carefully listens while she explains about her father's paranoia, and that she's worried he won't admit he needs help. Julie drinks some drugged tea, and finds herself remembering the night she met Bruce Wayne. Later, Dala asks Niccolai why he let Julie go. He says it was so she can learn her father's business secrets to enrich the Brotherhood.
Later, Julie is on a date with Bruce. She removes her scarf, revealing a vampire's bite-mark.
- This is the third chapter of Batman and the Mad Monk. The previous chapter is Batman and the Mad Monk #2 and the story continues in Batman and the Mad Monk #4.
- "Batman and the Mad Monk" re-imagines the Golden Age Bill Finger and Bob Kane story, "The Vampire" (1939), as first published in Detective Comics #31-32.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman and The Mad Monk collection.
- Carmine Falcone's scars are on the wrong side of his face in this issue.
- Discuss Batman and the Mad Monk Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman and the Mad Monk series
- Images from Batman and the Mad Monk Vol 1 3