"Going for the Gold!": Batman and the Outsiders have been challenged to a duel against Maxie Zeus and his New Olympians during the Olympic ceremonies. Each of the Outsiders is paired off against a differen
- Gods do not ask; they show their power.
Synopsis for "Going for the Gold!"
Batman and the Outsiders have been challenged to a duel against Maxie Zeus and his New Olympians during the Olympic ceremonies. Each of the Outsiders is paired off against a different New Olympian for combat in a specified contest. Like this, he Outsiders bests their opponent, and in the meantime, Batman learns the ultimate goal of Maxie Zeus.
After the Olympic games are finished, Batman follows Zeus to his home, where he learns that Zeus' main goal was to provide his daughter, Medea, a mother figure, reason why he kidnapped the olympic athlete Lacinia Nitocris. When Zeus' explains himself, Lacinia agrees to take care of Medea and Zeus is willingly taken to the authorities.
Appearing in "Going for the Gold!"
- Medea Zeus
- President Reagan
- Denise Howard (Cameo)
- Harbinger (Cameo)
- The Monitor (Cameo)
- Lacinia Nitocris (athlete)
- Professor Raeburn (Single appearance)
- This issue is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Batman and the Outsiders.
- This issue includes a 16 page paid promotion of the new toy line "Flash Force 2000" called "Driving Force!". The story was written by Robert Loren Fleming, with pencils by Denys Cowan, inks by Sal Trapani, colors by Joe Orlando, letters by Gaspar Saladino and edited by Andrew Helfer.
- Outsiders Recommended Reading