"We are Dying Egypt... Dying!": In ancient Egypt, the ruler Ramses VIII fears that his rule is coming to an end, however a prophesy is foretold about those who might come and change fate. In the present time, the Outsiders, Dr. Jace and [[
- There are days when I wish I had never left Markovia.
Appearing in "We are Dying Egypt... Dying!"
- Abdu (priest)
- Edgar Smalley (police chief)
- Java (Flashback only)
- Mark Denninger (In a photograph only)
- Ramses VIII
- Saied (royal guard)
- Simon Stagg (Flashback only)
- Stagg Enterprises
- Tiy (Pharaoh's wife)
Synopsis for "We are Dying Egypt... Dying!"
In ancient Egypt, the ruler Ramses VIII fears that his rule is coming to an end, however a prophesy is foretold about those who might come and change fate. In the present time, the Outsiders, Dr. Jace and Sapphire Stagg are traveling to the pyramid in Egypt where Metamorpho gained his powers in hope that the magic there can restore him to life. Their plan succeeds but as Metamorpho returns to life, they find themselves transported to ancient Egypt, where a revived Metamorpho is totally loyal to the evil Ahk-Ton, who wants to overthrow Ramses VIII from the throne.
Meanwhile in the present day, Halo adjusts to her old life and finds out that she used to be the local bad girl who hung out with the town trouble maker.
Back in the past, Batman comes to the realization that Ank-Ton is not supposed to overthrow Ramses' rule, and in order to preserve history, Batman and the others must prevent Ank-Ton from rebelling against Ramses, even if it means killing Metamorpho.
- This issue is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Batman and the Outsiders.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Batman and the Outsiders Vol 1 17 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman and the Outsiders series
- Images from Batman and the Outsiders Vol 1 17
- Outsiders Recommended Reading