- I guess I will die someday... but right now I'm alive... and that's more than I ever was as an Aurakle!
- — Halo
Appearing in "War Stars!"
- David Harrison (cultist)
- Mikhail Gorbachev
- Mr. Rashid (Kobra follower)
- Robert E. Harrison (military general)
- Tagon (First appearance)
- Gotham City
- New York City
- Soviet Union
- "Star Wars" missile defense base
- Washington, D.C.
- Kobra Ark
- Soultaker Sword
Synopsis for "War Stars!"
Batman and the Outsiders attempt to stop Kobra, who has gained control of the Star Wars satellite and blackmails the Pentagon with selling its secrets to Russia. Going undercover, the Outsiders find the primary building used by the Kobra Cult, where they rescue Halo and her boyfriend, David Harrison. Batman instructs David to inform his father, who is a military general of the situation while the Outsiders stop Kobra.
The Outsiders use Kobra's own spaceship to reach the satellite and in the final struggle, they come up victorious, destroying the satellite and forcing Kobra to retreat and give up their plans of domination. In the aftermath, Halo rejoins the Outsiders after coming to terms with her new humanity and elsewhere, Emily Briggs is about to become just what she always wanted.
- This issue was released simultaneously with Outsiders #1, which was set much later in the continuity of the series, when Batman was no longer part of the team.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Batman and the Outsiders Vol 1 27 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman and the Outsiders series
- Images from Batman and the Outsiders Vol 1 27
- Outsiders Recommended Reading