"One-Man Meltdown": As Halo learns to hone her abilities at Outsiders HQ, out at the Gotham State Penitentiary, the former costumed criminal known as Meltdown is informed by his warden that his request for pa
- You call a creampuff like this a villain?
Appearing in "One-Man Meltdown"
- Mr. Fisher (Single appearance)
- Meltdown (Final appearance)
- Warden Brewster (Single appearance)
- Dr. Douglas Dundee (Mentioned only)
- Jake (prison guard)
- Lynn Stewart (In a photograph only)
- Mrs. Griggs (landlady)
- Robin (Flashback only)
- Sapphire Stagg (newspaper)
- Superman (Flashback only)
- Gotham City
Synopsis for "One-Man Meltdown"
As Halo learns to hone her abilities at Outsiders HQ, out at the Gotham State Penitentiary, the former costumed criminal known as Meltdown is informed by his warden that his request for parole has been denied. Going into a berserk frenzy, Meltdown unleashes his powers and breaks out of prison.
The warden calls Batman for help, and Batman ties the recent thefts of radioactive materials to Meltdown, and so goes with the Outsiders to try and track down the villain and stop him. After a battle near the S.T.A.R. Labs building, Halo ends up as Meltdown's hostage, using her aura powers to his advantage. Halo is rescued by Katana and after a brief moment, the heroes unmask him and learn that Meltdown has been stealing the radioactive materials to keep himself alive after the warden at prison experimented on him.
Going back to Gotham State Penitentiary, the Outsiders and Meltdown prevent the warden from burning Meltdown's medical records, and turn the warden over to the police. Batman promises to be there when Meltdown applies for parole and afterwards, the bond between Halo and Katana becomes stronger.
- This issue is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Batman and the Outsiders.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Batman and the Outsiders Vol 1 4 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman and the Outsiders series
- Images from Batman and the Outsiders Vol 1 4
- Outsiders Recommended Reading