"Death Warmed Over!": While Halo is sent off to attend her first day of school under protest, Bruce Wayne takes Katana to the site of a future Japanese bookstore which Bruce is helping Katana open in her ci
- I don't want to go to school, and I'm not going to!
- — Halo
Synopsis for "Death Warmed Over!"
While Halo is sent off to attend her first day of school under protest, Bruce Wayne takes Katana to the site of a future Japanese bookstore which Bruce is helping Katana open in her civilian guise. While Geo-Force and Metamorpho visit Dr. Jace at the hospital following her ordeal with Dr. Light, the two heroes have to stop the new villain the Cryonic Man from stealing an artificially made kidney which is supposed to go to a young girl who is a patient at the hospital.
Learning that it is the second time that the Cryonic Man has attacked the hospital, Batman and the Outsiders hope to catch him when Nobel Prize winning scientist Dr. Marcus Dorland (inventor of artificial organs) is scheduled to come to Gotham City. The Cryonic Man, really a man watching over his family who have been under suspended animation for decades, learns of this he seeks to go out and capture Dorland.
This attempt leads to a fight with the Outsiders on a Gotham City highway in which the Cryonic Man takes Katana hostage and manages to freeze the entire group in a giant chunk of ice with liquid nitrogen.
Appearing in "Death Warmed Over!"
- Cryonic Man (First appearance)
- Anna Singer (First appearance)
- Bella Raymond (First appearance)
- Dr. Carter (First appearance)
- Luther (First appearance)
- Melissa (First appearance)
- Niles Raymond (First appearance)
- Gotham City
- This issue is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Batman and the Outsiders.
- Outsiders Recommended Reading