The patriarch of the planet New Genesis, Izaya (also known as Highfather), engaged in a social experiment wherein he selected five random individuals from different points in Earth's history and brought them to New Genesis. The five children (named Beautiful Dreamer, Moonrider, Big Bear, Serifan and Vykin) grew up as close friends and eventually began to refer to themselves as the Forever People.
When Darkseid, ruler of Apokolips, began to use the Earth as a focal point in his war against New Genesis, he kidnapped Beautiful Dreamer, hoping to find the Anti-Life Equation inside her mind. He was finally forced to release her when confronted by Superman and the cosmic being summoned by the Forever People, Infinity Man.
Beautiful Dreamer and her friends decided to remain on Earth for a time, to learn more about the planet. Eventually, they found themselves pursued by Devilance, and were forced to use their unique ability to trade places with the superpowerful Infinity Man to save themselves. In the course of their battle, though, Devilance and Infinity Man were seemingly destroyed, leaving the Forever People trapped in the planet called Adon.
An experiment executed by Vykin and his Mother Box led the primitive people of Adon to a developed society similar to Earth's. They spend years along these people, and Beutiful Dreamer married Big Bear. She worked alongside teaching at the School-House, and her husband worked as the library curator. Beautiful Dreamer was also pregnant. All those years they spend together in Adon were erased by an encounter with The Dark, making them young again, but still remembering their lives as grown-ups in Forevertown. As a result, Dreamer lost her unborn child.
This would be later corrected when Maya, the spirit of the Mother Box, helped the Forever People defeat The Dark, and in a last attempt to destroy the enemy, Maya sacrificed herself, transferring her spirit into Beautiful Dreamers womb, resulting in her being pregnant again. The child eventually was born, and they named her Maya, in honor of the Mother Box.
Powers and Abilities
- Illusion Casting: Creates 3D illusions from images in others' minds.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Beatiful Dreamer's daughter, Maya, is named for the spirit that once inhabited the team's Mother Box.
- Beautiful Dreamer has no spoken dialog in the first issue of the original Forever People series. She was stunned by Darkseid and was unable to speak.
- Forever People (Volume 1)
- Forever People (Volume 2)
- Jack Kirby's Fourth World
- Seven Soldiers: Mister Miracle
- 77 Appearances of Beautiful Dreamer (New Earth)
- 15 Images featuring Beautiful Dreamer (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Beautiful Dreamer (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Beautiful Dreamer (New Earth)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.