- All nations on the Atlantic Coast, In America and in Europe, must deposit one million dollars to the order of John Doe at once or all their coastal cities will be destroyed.
- -- Berhener, the Ice Menace, by telegraph key src
In the late 1930s, Berhener, the infamous "Ice Menace," developed a heat ray which he used to melt parts of the polar icecap, in order to flood coastal cities, in a scheme to extort money from the world's governments. When he flooded New York City, John Zatara was called in to deal with him. Zatara froze Berhener inside an iceberg and sank his heat ray to the bottom of the ocean.
Long Range Heat Ray
- According to Harold Stefansen, Berhener used a modification of the Ultrastatis Ray and caused an instantaneous heat ray.
- enemy of Zatara
- Berhener's deadly and destructive attack on New York City was never again mentioned.
- Berhener's first residence / laboratory was on Long Island, near Montauk. His final base was on an island north of Greenland, in the Far North.
- This version of Berhener, the Ice Menace, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Berhener (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Berhener (Earth-Two)
- 1 Quotations by or about Berhener (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Berhener (Earth-Two)
- Ice Menace|The Ice Menace at dccomics.com
- [[Wikipedia:The Ice Menace|The Ice Menace at Wikipedia.org]]