- I may not be a superhero like Captain Marvel but I've always been pretty grown up for my age. I work as a reporter for Whiz Media. And I smell a story.
- — Billy Batson src
The specific history and background of the Earth-5 Captain Marvel is presently unrevealed, but seemed to be more parallel to that the Pre-Crisis Earth-S reality than that of the William Batson of New Earth, especially in his power basis and attitude.
It is suggested that this Captain Marvel and the Marvel Family of Earth-5 have fought Mister Atom around the time of the Infinite Crisis.
During Final Crisis, he was approached by Monitor Zillo Valla, who secured his help by promising to help him find the last chunk of the Rock of Eternity, which he needed to avert a Crisis on his planet. He joined her team of Supermen, led by Superman. As her craft, the "Ultima Thule", was chased by the destroyer "Echo of Midnight", he was only able to survive with the speed of Mercury.
On Earth-51, he broke up an argument between Superman and Ultraman and helped investigate the Library of Limbo. He saw the origin of the Monitors, but the shock returned him into Billy Batson, who was unable to remember the magic word to change him back. Protected by Superman, Billy was taken back to the Ultima Thule, where he was present for Ultraman's betrayal.
Billy Batson protected Zillo Valla from Overman who sought to kill her. In return for Billy's protection, Zillo Valla told Batson the magic word which allowed Batson to bring forth Captain Marvel again and continue the mission to save the 52 multiverse. They were able to defeat the invasion force trying to destroy Earth-51, but Superman recognized that Mandrakk would rise again.
Knowing that he would need help to defeat him, Superman asked Captain Marvel and Overman to recruit the Supermen of the Multiverse in the hopes that they would be able to defeat Mandrakk. Once he had assembled the Supermen, Captain Marvel lead them in an attack on Mandrakk and his slave Ultraman. The Supermen killed Ultraman and weakened Mandrakk enough for Hal Jordan and the Green Lanterns to drive a stake through his heart.
- Divine Empowerment - All of the powers granted collection of six by gods and figures of legend either directly or through Shazam.
- Accelerated Healing
- Clairvoyance: The ability to understand situations from many angles, including future and past consequences with superhuman clarity and accuracy.
- Divine Grace: Innate luck and divine guidance that allows finesse in actions and dealings with others.
- Eidetic Memory
- Magic Resistance
- Enhanced Intellect: Intellect and wisdom are heightened to superhuman levels. This also provides great or comprehensive knowledge in many areas, including:
- Flight: The ability to hover or soar at high speed through an act of sheer will.
- Healing: The ability to use the transformative lightning to heal others or ones self instantly.
- Indomitable Will: An incredible amount of willpower that allows perseverance in overwhelming odds and seemingly unbeatable situations.
- Self-Sustenance: The ability to survive without sleep, food, water, or air.
- Superhuman Speed: The ability to run or fly at incredible rates of speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Superhuman Agility
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Strength
- Teleportation: The ability to access the Rock of Eternity.
- Transformation: The ability to transform from a mortal to the entity empowered by the six.
- Vulnerability to Magic: Only the strongest of magics can affect him in any particular way, such as those wielded by beings like the Spectre.
- 8 Appearances of Billy Batson (Earth-5)
- 5 Images featuring Billy Batson (Earth-5)
- 1 Quotations by or about Billy Batson (Earth-5)
- Character Gallery: Billy Batson (Earth-5)
|Marvel Family member |
This character is or was a member of the Marvel Family in any of its various incarnations, and an ally of Captain Marvel and the Wizard Shazam. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Marvel Family members."