- Then it's a frame.
- -- Nightwing
Appearing in "Felony Matters"
- Charlie the robot
- Gotham City Police Department
- Clarissa Wysocki (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Felony Matters"
Meanwhile, the spider robot attacks Ted Kord and shoots him in the chest, incapacitating Ted and soon, the robot starts mimicking Ted's voice and making calls, selling Ted's actions of Kordtronics.
Barbara and Oracle come with a plan to get Dinah in the bank in daylight, which consisted in impersonating an employee by telling that person that she has earned some kind of prize and that she must retrieve it that same day.
Once inside, Dinah, disguised as the employee, acts normally until it's time to get in the vault. Using Oracle's technology, Dinah finds Vesper's locker and takes a couple of discs from it, but she is caught doing so, and she has to make her way out of the bank and escape the police who starts looking for her everywhere.
In the time it takes Dinah to get back to the Gotham Clock Tower, Barbara calls Ted and the robot answers and tells her that he is very busy and they can't meet, but he'll make up for her another time. Barbara notices that many strange things happened during that conversation and, when she hears the news about Kordtronic's actions going down, Barbara knows that Ted is in danger. She calls Power Girl and sends her to Kordtronics, where she finds and destroys the spider robot before it could sell Ted's company to Quam. Power Girl then takes a weakened Ted and she flies with him to Mercy General Hospital. Before leaving, Ted tells his assistant to start recovering his company.
Dinah arrives very tired and dirty after the chase with the police and she delivers the discs to Barbara, who starts looking at them and discovers that Vesper wasn't near to discover Bruce Wayne is Batman, but that someone altered her files to seem that way. She tells this information to Nightwing and he realizes that it has been a frame all the time, and Barbara tells him that it is up to him to find evidence to clear Bruce and find the real killer.
- This book was first published on March 20, 2002.
- This is the second part of the storyline titled Bruce Wayne: Fugitive. The previous chapter is Batman #600 and the story continues in Batman #601.
- Barbara states that Ted Kord's real name is not Theodore, but Edward. This information is never addressed in any other comic book and contradicts his Who's Who profile and his gravestone.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Birds of Prey Vol 1 41 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Birds of Prey series
- Images from Birds of Prey Vol 1 41
Links and References
|Bruce Wayne: Fugitive Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the Bruce Wayne: Murderer? and Bruce Wayne: Fugitive story that went through every Batman Family title in 2002. Bruce Wayne was framed for the murder of his love interest Vesper Fairchild and forced to go on the run from the law so he could prove his innocence. This adventure almost completely compromised his identity from the inside.