- My father was a cop. I married a cop. I was meant to be a cop. But this city didn't want a female detective.
Appearing in "Sensei & Student: Part Five Murder & Mystery"
- Alfredo Bertinelli (Flashback only)
- Allessandro (Flashback only)
- The Blonde Slasher aka Mr. Pullman (Flashback only)
- Laurel Burton (Flashback only)
- Officer Wilcox (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Sensei & Student: Part Five Murder & Mystery"
Black Canary goes to the First Gotham Trust and opens a safety deposit box. The box contains old case files of the original Black Canary, her mother.
The narrative begins following that of the original Black Canary's casebook, wherein Dinah Drake Lance attends a fundraiser at a museum at which the Bertinelli, Galente and Falcone crime families are each in attendance. A woman is murdered, bringing an end to the part. Dinah puts on her costume and tracks the killer to a Chinese laundromat where she finds another murder victim. This woman's hair has been dyed blonde and Canary makes the deduction that the killer only kills blonde women. Meanwhile, the killer is at Gotham Library, where he holds the librarian hostage and forces her to put on a blonde wig, which he has brought. Canary manages to save the librarian, but the killer escapes.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Birds of Prey Vol 1 66 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Birds of Prey series
- Images from Birds of Prey Vol 1 66