- I can get very loud when I need to.
- — Sonar src
Bito hails from the tiny Balkan nation of Modora, a small, isolationist country not affiliated with the United Nations nestled in a group of mountains with a population of less than four hundred people. The country was ruled by a despotic prince known as Fando the Mad, who sought to keep Modora as an idyllic paradise by keeping all modern science and technology out. As a young man, Bito Wladon wished to change things.
Bito's parent were both deaf, which, to the superstitious Modorans, is considered a curse from Satan. They were shunned by their fellow countrymen, and this affected young Bito, who, even though he could hear, was also shunned by his parents. This molded the boy to become resentful to the rest of the world and spend most of his time in seclusion studying the books his grandfather had hid from Fando the Mad's purge against science. He then used that knowledge about sound to prove himself better than the people who oppressed him.
Bito grew up very bright thanks to his self-taught knowledge, and he took a job as a apprentice to a clock maker, which helped him his studies in engineering and sound. Stealing books and technology from other countries, Bito created his sound-based equipment, allowing him to fly and throw destructive blows. He then created his own regal garbs befitting of a world leader and flew to America to steal more technology to create his "Nucleo-Sonic Bomb." His main motivation was to make himself noticed, both by the people of Modora and of the outside world, and in turn make Modora known globally. He faced Green Lantern in the U.S., who spoiled his plans in various occasions. Still, Bito succeeded in making Modora more noticed.
Becoming Ruler of Modora
Back in Modora, Fando the Mad saw Bito's brilliance as a threat, and wanted to execute him. However, by playing on Fando's fear and greed, Sonar earned his ruler's trust by ensuring to help him remain in power. Fando ordered him to build a sonic arsenal, but Sonar used this opportunity to take over the Modoran military and overthrow Fando, becoming the new leader of Modora. In the years that followed, Sonar continued his adversarial relationship with Green Lantern while attempting to expand his influence across Europe. In time, his rule brought prosperity to the nation, getting read of the fear of modern industry.
- Nucleo Sonic Motor
- Sonigun: is a device that enables him to absorb sound, which he can use to fly, project illusions, fire sonic attacks and perform telekinetic feats.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 44 Appearances of Bito Wladon (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Bito Wladon (New Earth)
- 4 Quotations by or about Bito Wladon (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Bito Wladon (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."