When Bizarro III found himself infused with radiation from a blue sun, he developed the ability to replicate himself as well as create other "Bizarro" lifeforms based upon likenesses of people from Earth. He used this power to populate a cube-shaped planetoid dubbed Bizarro World within the blue sun star system. One of the many duplicates that he created was a Bizarro version of Jimmy Olsen. When the Bizarros of Bizarro World discovered that Bizarro Superman intended on destroying the planet, they revolted against him. Jimmy attempted to photograph him for a wanted poster, but only succeeded in snapping pictures of himself. Deciding that his camera was too good for the task at hand, he instead opted for a poorly drawn wanted poster, which he passed around to other Bizarros.
Powers and Abilities
- Bizarro Physiology: Bizarros possess a distinct physiology, one that is common to all Bizarros, but greatly differentiated from baseline human biology. Their skin is mottled and grey giving the appearance of crumbled chalk or ash. Often, their faces, arms, legs and other extremities are misshapen and disproportionate to the rest of their body. Physically, most Bizarros are patterned to resemble a specific humanoid analog, though some may possess more generic traits, with no real distinguishing features.
- Photography: As a staff member of the Dayli Planit, Bizarro Jimmy is skilled in the art of photography. However, Jimmy's knowledge and skill of photography appeals to a different aesthetic sensibility from that of the average Earth human. Sometimes he prefers to sketch his subjects rather than take their picture.
Bizarros are developmentally handicapped, and cannot process thought or action that would be common to normal standards of human reason. Their behavior is structured in opposition to logic or common sense, and affects them not only culturally, but linguistically as well. Nearly everything spoken by a Bizarro is an antonym to his or her true intent. If a Bizarro says "I hate you", he is actually expressing a term of endearment. A Bizarro may demonstrate affection by giving his loved one a bouquet of dead roses, or by punching her in the face. When conversing, Bizarros lack a nominative case when using pronouns. They replace pronouns that should be nominative with their analogues in the accusative case. Rather than addressing themselves as "I", they instead use the term "Me". When Bizarros greet one another, they will do so by saying "Goodbye", reserving the word "Hello" as a salutation. Bizarros only uses the first person conjugation for any verb. For example, the verb "is" is always conjugated as "am", leading to sentences like "This am great". Although this backwards dialect is a characteristic common to all Bizarros, it is not always consistent from one Bizarro to the next, and in some cases, not even consistent with the same Bizarro.
- 7 Appearances of Bizarro Jimmy Olsen (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Bizarro Jimmy Olsen (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Bizarro Jimmy Olsen (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Bizarro Jimmy Olsen (New Earth)