"The Dark Age": In a hidden room on the Kahndaqi border, Black Adam sits bound to a chair. He has one of his faithful followers, Tamir, mercilessly batter him across the face so that he will be unrecognizable. When the deed is done, Adam rises. He is now ready to walk the streets of Kahndaq
- The time for you to remain in darkness is over. The time has come for you and I to walk together again in the light.
Appearing in "The Dark Age"
- Isis (Adrianna Tomaz)
- Tamir (First appearance; dies)
- Justice Society of America
- Various Kahndaqi soldiers
Other Characters: Note: Many of the following characters appear in flashback cameos only
- Brain Wave (Henry King Jr.)
- Captain Marvel (Billy Batson)
- Eclipso (Alexander Montez)
- Firestorm (Jason Rusch)
- Flash (Jay Garrick)
- Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
- Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
- Green Lantern (John Stewart)
- Hawkgirl (Kendra Saunders)
- Hawkman (Carter Hall)
- Hourman (Rick Tyler)
- Manhattan Guardian
- Negative Man (Larry Trainor)
- Nemesis (Soseh Mykros)
- Plastic Man
- Power Girl
- Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore)
- Wonder Woman (Donna Troy)
- Tamir (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "The Dark Age"
In a hidden room on the Kahndaqi border, Black Adam sits bound to a chair. He has one of his faithful followers, Tamir, mercilessly batter him across the face so that he will be unrecognizable. When the deed is done, Adam rises. He is now ready to walk the streets of Kahndaq with discretion.
In the skies over Greece, the Justice Society of America fly towards Bialya. They have committed themselves to finding Black Adam. Green Lantern flies on ahead of them and maintains radio contact. Marching through the city, the team finds a group of villager torturing a man whom they believe is Black Adam. Atom-Smasher stops them, and Mister Terrific runs an identity scan on the body with his T-Spheres. The results come back negative. This is not Black Adam.
At the Kahndaq border checkpoint, Black Adam waits in line to enter the country. He gives the checkpoint guards the name Hassan Bari, and tells them that Black Adam is responsible for killing his family. The guards believe his story and allow him entrance back into Kahndaq.
A few days later, Adam and his followers break into the tomb of Isis and Osiris. They kill the guards and exhume Isis' remains. An alarm sounds and the men engage in combat with armed soldiers. During the carnage, Black Adam escapes, but he drops one of Isis' skeletal fingers. The following day, the JSA arrive to investigate the scene. Atom-Smasher discovers the finger of Isis lying in the rubble and tucks it into his belt. He neglects to tell his teammates of his find.
Weeks later, Black Adam scales the windswept mountains of the Himalayas with his trusted follower Tamir. When food becomes scarce, Tamir offers himself up to Black Adam so as to give him strength to continue his journey. Black Adam accepts Tamir's brave offer and eats him. With renewed strength and vitality, he continues on his journey. After several more weeks of trekking through treacherous terrain, Black Adam finally reaches his destination – a Lazarus Pit. He dumps the remains of Isis into the pit and moments later she rises from the mysterious fluid – whole and alive.
- Black Adam: The Dark Age is a six-issue limited series.
- The events from this issue take place before the Countdown limited series.
- Black Adam as well as the Justice Society of America chronologically appeared last in World War III #4.
- This issue contains a montage of flashback images that took place during the "Black Reign" saga in alternating issues of JSA and Hawkman (Volume 4), as well as scenes that took place during World War III.
- A Lazarus Pit is a mystical pool of chemicals that possesses the ability to resurrect the dead. International eco-terrorist Ra's al Ghul traditionally maintains the Lazarus Pits and has used them over the years to maintain his health and vitality.
- Discuss Black Adam: The Dark Age Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Black Adam: The Dark Age series
- Images from Black Adam: The Dark Age Vol 1 1