A future warlord who traveled with his army to the present to stop a kaonic accelerator experiment at TylerCo, claiming that the search for the tachyon was to begin elsewhere and "elsewhen". During a battle with the modern JSA his time cube was damaged and he, Mr. Terrific II, and Hawkgirl were transported to 1944. There they met Terry Sloane, the first Mr. Terrific and the Freedom Fighters. Mr. Terrific convinced Barax he was his ancestor and threatened to shoot himself in the head, thereby erasing Barax from the timeline. Barax fell for his ploy and retreated back to his own time.
- Power Armor: Black Barax wears a full-body suit of power armor that is capable of flight and can absorb large amounts of damage. He is also able to shoot force beams and discharge electric bolts a lance that he carries. Barax also travels in a tachyon-based time machine and controls a number of flying robots.
- Black Barax first appeared in Earth-Two continuity in Sensation Comics #28 by Stan Aschmeier. He was reintroduced in Post-Crisis New Earth continuity in JSA #33 by Geoff Johns, David S. Goyer and Leonard Kirk.
- Black Barax made his first appearance in Sand's vision who saw himself fighting him in the future in JSA #33. Black Barax made his first full appearance in JSA #41 when the vision came true.
- 3 Appearances of Black Barax (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Black Barax (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Black Barax (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Black Barax (New Earth)
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.