Black Manta invaded Atlantis with his troops while Aquaman was away. The whole attack was a diversion to get a giant ancient star fish that was still alive frozen in ice. Aqualad's interference caused his mission to fail, so he destroyed the starfish. He then reported to the Light.
5 Years Later
Black Manta has become a more prominent member of the Light, replacing Ocean Master. He allowed his son Kaldur to join him, and gives him is trust after completing a series of missions and secret tests.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Young Justice and its tie-in comic book series. It is an adaptation of Black Manta. The original character was created by Bob Haney and Nick Cardy and first appeared in Aquaman #35.
- Black Manta is voiced by Khary Payton.
- 14 Appearances of Black Manta (Earth-16)
- 3 Images featuring Black Manta (Earth-16)
- 1 Quotations by or about Black Manta (Earth-16)
- Character Gallery: Black Manta (Earth-16)
Suicide Squad member
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
|Young Justice Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Young Justice. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Young Justice Villains."