Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
The Black Racer is the physical manifestation of an aspect of Death.
When his master went to war against the Anti-God, he was summoned to destroy Darkseid's enemy, but the latter stripped the Racer of Darkseid's grasp and merged it with a being of speed as the weapon to deliver a deathly blow against the Dark God, finally killing the despot of Apokolips.
The Racer was quick to seize control of his new host's mind, but his efforts were almost negated by the Flash's will to resist his corrupting ideals, instigating a conflict among the two.
The Black Racer was separated from The Flash by the powers of the child of Superwoman and Alexander Luthor, who possessed the same ability to absorb the super powers of others as his father. However, the Racer could not be absorbed, and instead was only separated from it's host. As it needed to claim a life before it could disappear, it struck Power Ring; however Jessica Cruz was spared and instead the life of Volthoom was claimed, and his ring destroyed. The Racer then vanished. 
- Immortality: As a manifestation of Death, the racer can't die by any means.
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Strength
- Possession: The Racer can take control of the body of a sentient host and corrupt it to his will.
- Fatal Touch: A simple grasp from his scythe was enough to greatly wound the body of the Anti-Monitor, and together with the Anti-Life Equation he could easily kill Darkseid himself.
- Claws: While merged with Barry Allen, the Racer sometimes possesses claws from each of his finger-tips.
- Self-Power Bestowal: The Racer can create any superpower via Darkseid-tips.
- Cosmic Skis: The host that came before the Flash used a pair of Skis that allowed him to soar through the skies at high speeds.
- Black Racer was created by Jack Kirby, first appearing in New Gods #3. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Black Racer first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Justice League (Volume 2) #44 by Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok.
- 6 Appearances of Black Racer (Prime Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Black Racer (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Black Racer (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Black Racer (Prime Earth)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.