"A Sleepy Little Town": Kal-L of Earth-2 is turned into a Black Lantern, and rises from the grave.
- Here's your ma, boys. The lonely widow, sure...but my wife and I will make it so Ma and Pa Kent are back in each other's arms.
- -- Kal-L
Appearing in "A Sleepy Little Town"
- Black Lanterns
Synopsis for "A Sleepy Little Town"
Kal-L of Earth-2 is turned into a Black Lantern, and rises from the grave. In Smallville, Pete talks about the price of grain with locals. They scan the skies, and think they see something in the black clouds, but decide they see nothing after all when it disappears.
A policeman talks to his superior about leaving for Metropolis. As they do, a black blur smashes through the superior and kills him. The power levels of Black Lantern Superman go up to 3.44 percent as he watches the policeman turn yellow in the spectrum of fear.
A local diner filled with patrons talk about a local man losing a few fingers. We see them turn yellow from Black Lantern Superman's POV, and the diner goes dark.
A drive-in is assaulted similarly.
Superman, Conner, and Ma talk over dinner. They hear something, and Superman and Superboy go to investigate. Kal-L has dug up Pa.
Kal-L takes Conner toward space, saying Conner should be dead. Conner turns yellow with fear and green with will. Superman, in pursuit, turns to many of the colors of the emotional spectrum, fear, will, rage, love, and hope.
Krypto rushes outside in the absence of his two masters, and is thrown hard back into the house by Lois of Earth-2, now a Black Lantern.
Kal-L mocks Superman for not saving Pa. Superman lashes out, taking out a chunk of Kal-L's face, which grows back. Superman lets Kal-L go to save Conner from re-entry.
On New Krypton, Zor-El rises from the dead in front of Alura and Kara.
Superman and Superboy seek Ma when they find the farm wrecked. In town, they find her, in the hands of Kal-L and Black Lantern Lois.
- This book was first published on August 19, 2009.
- Conner, now living at the Kent farm, tells Clark that "Ma's someone I've been waiting to know my whole life, I just didn't realize it until now." This dialogue suggest that writer James Robinson was unaware that Conner lived for quite a while at the Kent farm before his death.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Blackest Night: Superman Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Blackest Night: Superman series
- Images from Blackest Night: Superman Vol 1 1
- Blackest Night Recommended Reading
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Blackest Night at Wikipedia.org
- Blackest Night at DC Comics
- Superman at Wikipedia.org
- Superman at DC Comics
- Superman at TV Tropes
- Superman at Supermanica
| Crossover |
Blackest Night is a 2009 DC Comics crossover event featuring the dead rising, and attacks by the Black Lantern Corps. This is the culmination of the War of Light. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Blackest Night crossover category.