"Blackest Night: Death Becomes Us": In the beginning was darkness. Then came the light, and the light chose soldiers to fight the darkness. One of those soldiers is Green Lantern Hal Jordan, a fearless hero with a mandate to protect all life... but today, [[Bruce W
- The Blackest Night falls from the skies! The darkness grows as all light dies! We crave your hearts and your demise! By my black hand...THE DEAD WILL RISE!
- — Black Hand recites the Black Lantern oath
Appearing in "Blackest Night: Death Becomes Us"
- Batman (Flashback only)
- Black Lantern Corps
- Doctor Light (Flashback only)
- Doctor Sivana (Flashback only)
- Effigy (Flashback only)
- Gorilla Grodd (Flashback only)
- Libra (Flashback only)
- Ocean Master (Flashback only)
- Justice League of America
- In Hal Jordan's ring construct
- Elongated Man
- Flash (Jay Garrick)
- Teen Titans
- Batman Clone (Flashback only)
- Batplane (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Blackest Night: Death Becomes Us"
In the beginning was darkness. Then came the light, and the light chose soldiers to fight the darkness. One of those soldiers is Green Lantern Hal Jordan, a fearless hero with a mandate to protect all life... but today, Batman is dead. As Hal thinks about his friend, he is joined by Barry Allen, the recently resurrected Flash. The two men discuss funerals: Robin doesn't think Batman is really dead so he won't allow them to mark the grave; Barry Allen's funeral was attended by most of the heroes who ever were or will be; and Hal's grave was desecrated because he died a villain.
The world, Hal thinks, got a lot more serious after Barry died. Villains got deadlier, heroes got grimmer, and the Justice League became targets. Aquaman and Martian Manhunter are dead. Barry points out that both of them have returned from death, along with Superman and Green Arrow. Hal responds that his father and Barry's mother both died when the heroes were young, and never came back. Barry tries to hold out hope: their friends have cheated death before, and if any man can cheat the reaper, it is Batman...
As the heroes leave, a man is shadow surveys the cemetery. It contains Thomas & Martha Wayne, Ralph & Sue Dibny, Ronnie Raymond... but this man seeks someone else. As the Scarred Guardian watches from the shadows with malevolent glee, the man digs into Batman's grave and pulls out his skull. He is Black Hand - and by his black hand, the dead will rise.
The Blackest Night has begun...
- This issue includes a series of Corps roster posters, for all eight Lantern Corps.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Blackest Night Vol 1 0 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Blackest Night series
- Images from Blackest Night Vol 1 0
- Green Lantern Recommended Reading
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- The Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
Links and References
| Crossover |
Blackest Night is a 2009 DC Comics crossover event featuring the dead rising, and attacks by the Black Lantern Corps. This is the culmination of the War of Light. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Blackest Night crossover category.
War of Light Crossover