The Blackhawk Squadron were an elite volunteer force of roving aviators/commandos, who served with the Allies during World War II, and again during the Cold War. They traveled to almost every part of the world, known and unknown, and dealt with a wide variety of incredible menaces.
- The Blackhawk Squadron first appeared in Military Comics #1 by Will Eisner, Bob Powell and Chuck Cuidera, published by Quality Comics.
- This version of the Blackhawk Squadron appeared in the Silver Age, starting in Blackhawk #108 (the first DC issue), by Robert Bernstein and Dick Dillin. The series was reinvented several times, first as superheroes in Blackhawk #228 and then as "New Blackhawks" in Blackhawk #242, before Mark Evanier completely rebooted the series back to its World War II roots in Blackhawk #251. The Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Compendium established that the New Blackhawk-era took place on Earth-Thirty-Two.
- The New Earth version of the team appeared in Blackhawk (Volume 2) and Blackhawk (Volume 3) and the team changed again due to Zero Hour.
- There are some irregularities in the Earth-One Blackhawk Squadron's timeline, partly due to the flashback nature of their stories, and partly due to deliberate Retcons.
- Blackhawk #257 stated that two years prior Hitler invaded Poland (putting the date of the events related around September, 1941) but Blackhawk #273 is set 15 months before Pearl Harbor (September, 1940).
- The back-stories of the Blackhawks' recurring villain Killer Shark, and of their mascot Blackie, are quite different from those of their counterparts in the Quality Universe.
- On Earth-One, as on other parallel worlds, Blackhawk is confusing.
- 169 Appearances of Blackhawk Squadron (Earth-One)
- 11 Images that include Blackhawk Squadron (Earth-One)
- Team Gallery: Blackhawk Squadron (Earth-One)
Links and References