"No Information Available at Press Time!": Circa 1940-Sept, six Blackhawks arrived in Mechuoko province China, which was utterly flattened, and burned, by the Japanese version of a Merson mechanized worm, tricked out to resemble a traditional Chinese dragon, with flame-throwers mounted at
- That's all, folks!
- -- Chuck Wilson
Appearing in "No Information Available at Press Time!"
- Blackhawk Squadron
- Mali, Wu Cheng's girlfriend
- Japanese military
- General Yoja
- Virginia Mueller, war correspondant
- her editor, at New Liberty magazine
- "The Dragon", a Japanese version of a Merson mechanized worm
- Grumman XF5F Skyrockets
Synopsis for "No Information Available at Press Time!"
Circa 1940-Sept, six Blackhawks arrived in Mechuoko province China, which was utterly flattened, and burned, by the Japanese version of a Merson mechanized worm, tricked out to resemble a traditional Chinese dragon, with flame-throwers mounted at the prow. The team flew from Blackhawk Island via India to China, in one day, then were ready to fight right away. Also snoopy reporter Ginny Mueller showed up, and followed the team around, taking notes, which she ended up being unable to publish.
Wu Cheng's girlfriend had radio-called the team, after which, Chop Chop got captured by the Japanese, then had escaped, and finally he single-handedly suckered the drivers of the articulated mechanized dragon to crash it into an ammo shed, causing a very large explosion which disabled the mechanism. Then Chop Chop rejoined the team and returned to the European Theater. End of series.
Appearing in "Detached Service Diary"
- village elder
- Japanese military
- Commander Menda
- Grumman XF5F Skyrocket
- Nakajima fighter
Synopsis for "Detached Service Diary"
Wu Cheng's D.S.Diary describes his arrival in China, and the destruction of his (parked, empty) plane by a Japanese aircraft, his brief career as a nonuniformed guerrilla fighter, and his failed attempt to prevent the construction of "The Dragon."
- The Detached Service Diary story is set in the middle (pp. 11 ~ 16) of the main story (23 pages total).
- This was the last issue of this run of Blackhawk.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Blackhawk Vol 1 273 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Blackhawk series
Links and References
- ↑ Events are set 15 months before the attack on Pearl Harbor.