"The Red Executioner": At the direction of Prav's General Gorr, and completely without provocation, Prav tanks and artillery invade peaceful Brovina. Pravian armor and artillery almost wipe out the Brovian infantry. Meanwhile at the capital, Brovian General Murz is assassinated by the Red Execut
- There's no time to argue or explain, Mr. President! Their lives depend on getting 500 magnets and 50 wild geese within two hours!
- 1 Appearing in "The Red Executioner"
- 2 Synopsis for "The Red Executioner"
- 3 Appearing in Chop Chop: "Soda Jerk"
- 4 Synopsis for Chop Chop: "Soda Jerk"
- 5 Appearing in "The Crawler"
- 6 Synopsis for "The Crawler"
- 7 Appearing in "Prisoners of Space"
- 8 Synopsis for "Prisoners of Space"
- 9 Notes
- 10 Trivia
- 11 See Also
- 12 Recommended Reading
- 13 Links and References
Appearing in "The Red Executioner"
- General Gorr
- his armor and artillery units
- Red Executioner (Apparent Death) (Single appearance)
- his "hunting pack": Max, Igo, Colonel Haar, others
- General Murz (Dies)
- Brovian Army
- Central Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Prav, an Iron Curtain country
- new Blackhawk uniforms, lined with a special plastic body-armor
- Blackhawk Lockheed F-90Cs
Synopsis for "The Red Executioner"
At the direction of Prav's General Gorr, and completely without provocation, Prav tanks and artillery invade peaceful Brovina. Pravian armor and artillery almost wipe out the Brovian infantry. Meanwhile at the capital, Brovian General Murz is assassinated by the Red Executioner. The Blackhawk Squadron arrives and routs the invading Prav army. General Gorr, defeated, reneges on his deal to pay the Red Executioner $100,000, blaming the Blackhawks for his insolvency. The Red Executioner proposes to kill all seven Blackhawks, for $1,000,000 apiece.
That evening, at Brovian Army Headquarters, and on a cliff outside the capital city, the Red Executioner tries and fails to pick off Blackhawk or any of his men. He and his dozen-man "hunting pack" are soon outsmarted and outfought, and most or all of the henchmen end up captured alive. The Red Executioner flees over the edge of a cliff, and is presumed dead by the Blackhawks, who don't actually check.
Appearing in Chop Chop: "Soda Jerk"
- Soda Fountain Boss
- surly teenagers
- snobby rich people
- soda fountain
Synopsis for Chop Chop: "Soda Jerk"
Chop Chop tries to be a soda jerk but is terrible at it.
Appearing in "The Crawler"
- "Snake Man"
- uniformed Crawler crewmen
- President of Vanadia
- Democracy of Vanadia
- four important cities: Karvino, Glion, Zadnivi, & Baruzin
- Vanadia's unnamed neighboring country
- The Crawler, giant mechanical worm
- The Crawler's specially-built camouflage freight train
- Blackhawk Lockheed XF-90s
Synopsis for "The Crawler"
Vanadia's neighboring nation sends a giant mechanical worm to wreak havoc all across the country. The worm is manned by a uniformed crew, can segment itself into pieces, and travels concealed inside a specially-built freight train. The Blackhawks are initially unable to disable the worm with conventional weapons, but ultimately manage to flip it onto its topside, using drop-hooks on thick cables.
Appearing in "Prisoners of Space"
- Soviet Space Program
- Professor Ibovsky
- his staff
- many Soviet troops (some die)
- Professor Ibovsky
- United World Council President
- 500 magnets & 50 wild geese
- Soviet space-faring remote-guided missile
- Blackhawk Lockheed XF-90s
Synopsis for "Prisoners of Space"
Blackhawk and Chop Chop, in an F-90C, get too close to a Soviet space missile, and are sucked out into space in its wake. Andre devises an elaborate hoax to spoof the Soviet air defense system, then the Blackhawks attack the rocket base, wiping out some troops, planes, and antiaircraft guns. They land, and take over the base, then weld 500 magnets to the hull of a Soviet space missile. The Blackhawks coerce Professor Ibovsky to show them how to operate the giant space rocket, and Stanislaus estimates Blackhawk's plane's position, and fires the missile into orbit, on a pre-programmed return path. The rocket's powerful magnetic field attracts the wayward Lockheed jet, which is pulled back into the atmosphere as the Russian spacecraft returns to its base. Chuck intercepts the spinning Blackhawk jet, and shoots air holes thru the airtight canopy to revive Blackhawk and Chop Chop. Blackhawk regains control of the plane and lands it safely.
- Each Blackhawk jet is equipped with a drop-hook on a thick cable.
- Prisoners of Space
- Red Executioner
- Per the spellings in the captions, the "Brovian" Army defends "Brovina." Brovina's mode of government is not identified. Prav is a Red dictatorship.
- First issue for bulletproof Blackhawk uniforms. Also they now carry steel cable in their belts, for making zip-lines.
- At story's end, General Gorr's status is unclear. He has suffered a humiliating military defeat, thus might not still be in charge of Prav.
- No trivia.
Links and References
This page is missing characters!
This page is missing one or more character, location or item appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue, episode, movie, game or book but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the template.