"The Human Torpedoes": The synopsis for this issue has not yet been written.
- Hurry, you blundering oafs! That missile must be ready for launching at midnight tomorrow!
- — Red Marshal Massacar
- 1 Synopsis for "The Human Torpedoes"
- 2 Appearing in "The Human Torpedoes"
- 3 Synopsis for Chop Chop: "Chief Chop Chop"
- 4 Appearing in Chop Chop: "Chief Chop Chop"
- 5 Synopsis for "Weapon For Conquest"
- 6 Appearing in "Weapon For Conquest"
- 7 Synopsis for "Suicide Decoy"
- 8 Appearing in "Suicide Decoy"
- 9 Notes
- 10 See Also
- 11 Recommended Reading
- 12 Links and References
Synopsis for "The Human Torpedoes"
Appearing in "The Human Torpedoes"
- Admiral Eel (Dies)
- the Human Torpedoes, at least 21 (3 fleets of 7 each) (Dies)
- his submarine crew: radioman, others (Dies)
- one of Europe's largest ports (devastated)
- another important harbor (damaged)
- Scapa Flow (targeted)
- Norfolk, Virginia (targeted)
- Le Havre (targeted)
- "Defiance" (first European Atomic Submarine) (Destroyed)
- at least 3 more European ships (Destroyed)
- 1 more European ship (Destroyed)
- European PT Boat (Destroyed)
- European Whaler
- Eel's Submarine (Destroyed)
- fifteen human-guided Torpedoes (some destroyed)
- eight human-guided Torpedoes (some destroyed)
- one more human-guided Torpedo (Destroyed)
- one robot Torpedo (Destroyed)
- six Lockheed F-90C interceptors
Synopsis for Chop Chop: "Chief Chop Chop"
This story is reprinted from Blackhawk #50.
Appearing in Chop Chop: "Chief Chop Chop"
- two rustlers
- Out West
- propeller-driven scouting plane
Synopsis for "Weapon For Conquest"
Appearing in "Weapon For Conquest"
- General Salvo (captured)
- his War Tractor crew (captured)
- Professor Boshki (Dies)
- Blueprints for War Tractor
- six Lockheed F-90C interceptors
- Red Freighter
- Red War Tractor
- Blackhawk Replica of Red War Tractor
- Turkish Fleet
Synopsis for "Suicide Decoy"
Appearing in "Suicide Decoy"
- General Miller, Supreme Commander of European Defense
- Red Marshall Massacar (Apparent Death)
- his troops: Major Bolivich, others
- Lockheed F-90C interceptors
- Human Torpedoes:
- Admiral Eel's oversized human-guided Torpedoes are designed to be guided partway to target by a frogman pilot, who then abandons and remotely controls it, to impact. Along with their high-explosive payloads, these Torpedoes are rigged with suction equipment, with which to attach themselves, lamprey-style, to a freighter or other surface ship. They also have mechanized hinged "jaws" at the front end.
- Admiral Eel and his crew are aboard their submarine which is submerged when Blackhawk destroys it with a torpedo.
- Weapon For Conquest
- The Red attack on Turkey was scheduled for "1200 hours ... on the 26th ... "
- The Blackhawks built a copy of Boshki's War Tractor. And they captured the original, intact.
- One wide tread wraps entirely around it, with six 88-mm cannon bristling out the sides. It's less heavy than it looks, due to the lightweight alloy used in the tread. It's built for speed, and can skim across the surface of a body of water, but it can't get across marshland, and can't batter down forests. And it can only stay afloat by moving really fast, so it can't stop or even slow down.
- Suicide Decoy:
- Massacar was first seen in Blackhawk #64, in which he apparently died, when he was hit in the head with a metal object thrown by Blackhawk. Blackhawk once killed a lion, with a thrown rock, so this would look like a fatal wound, and even if not, he also fell into the ocean and didn't come back up. The Blackhawks understandably believed him to be dead.
- In this story, Massacar is again apparently killed, in an enormous explosion which destroys his hidden fortress, inside a mountain on an island in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Chuck is shot down and crash-lands. This is at least his fourth crash, and is either his second or third time to be shot down.
- Also appearing in this issue of Blackhawk was:
- "Tank Trap" (text story)
- Blackhawk Squadron Recommended Reading
Links and References