"Deadstick": The synopsis for this issue has not yet been written.
Appearing in "Deadstick"
Synopsis for "Deadstick"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "Bloody Fingers"
- Anne Delarye Tipton
- Patrick the Butler
- Mr. Tipton (Dies)
- Jeremy Tipton
- Cynthia Tipton
- Detective Truman
- Tipton Aviation Museum
Synopsis for "Bloody Fingers"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "The Origin of Blackhawk"
- Blackhawk Squadron (First appearance)
- Connie (Only appearance; dies)
- Jack (Only appearance; dies)
- long-range 4-engine bombers
- semi-obsolete Brewster Buffaloes and Bell Airacobras
Synopsis for "The Origin of Blackhawk"
This story is reprinted from Military Comics #1.
- Poland 1939: Germany invades, and Nazi Captain Von Tepp leads his famous "Butcher Squadron" against the greatly outnumbered Polish air force. The Poles fight valiantly but are shot from the sky until only one jet-black plane remains. Finally, the lone flyer is overwhelmed and crashes in a "pancake" landing. He runs for a nearby farmhouse, but Von Tepp dives and drops a bomb on it. The flyer rushes in and calls for Jack and Connie, his brother and sister. Connie is killed instantly, and Jack soon dies, too. Before he goes, Jack asks his brother to get revenge.
Months pass, and a squadron led by the mysterious "Blackhawk" has the Nazis scared. The one question Blackhawk always asks is: where is Von Tepp? Von Tepp hears of this and lays a trap at a comfortable chateau in France with a pretty English nurse as bait. Blackhawk and his men surround the chateau and turn the tables on the Germans. He confronts Von Tepp and there is a brief distracting scuffle, but Blackhawk captures the chateau's German staff. They are blindfolded, packed aboard Blackhawk Squadron's planes (long-range 4-engine bombers), and flown eastward to Blackhawk Island. There, Blackhawk challenges Von Tepp to an aerial duel and gives him his choice of pursuit planes. Von Tepp chooses his plane but secretly loosens the gas petcock on Blackhawk's plane. They shoot it out in the air; Blackhawk gets a fuel-supply problem, crashing his plane into Von Tepp's. Both survive the resulting crash, and Von Tepp is finally killed in a pistol shootout with Blackhawk. Blackhawk sends the nurse back to England, despite the fact that she wants to stay with his unit, and prepares for future attacks against the Germans.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Blackhawk Squadron Recommended Reading
Links and References
This page is missing characters!
This page is missing one or more character, location or item appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue, episode, movie, game or book but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the template.