Blackie is a hawk with black plumage.
During World War II, a wild black hawk came to the aid of the Blackhawk Squadron who had fallen into a trap laid by Killer Shark. Blackie helped the Blackhawks escape, and became the squad's official team mascot. Blackie shared in many of the Blackhawk's adventures during and after the war.
- Aerial Combat Blackie can hold his own against an eagle twice his size, or against a vulture four times his size.
- Literacy Blackie can recognize alphabet letters, can spell his own name, and knows Morse Code.
- Blackie can operate electrical switches, recognize and steal sticks of dynamite, and can perform a wide variety of other complex tasks.
- Blackie is sometimes fitted with a miniature radio receiving set, and can receive commands from miles away.
- This version of Blackie, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Unlike their counterparts in the Quality Universe, both Blackie and Killer Shark met the Blackhawks during World War II.
- 22 Appearances of Blackie (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Blackie (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Blackie (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Blackie (Earth-One)