- Can't a guy make an honest living creating undead and selling them cadaver brains?
- — Blaine DeBeers src
Blaine DeBeers, real name Blaine McDonough, is a powerful drugs dealer turned brain supplier.
Always a hustler, Blaine earned a reputation in high school for selling alcohol. He had "the beers", and his friend Julien had "the weed", hence their nicknames, DeBeers and DeWeed. The name stuck.
He rolled straight into orgnaized crime, becoming a mid-level pusher for Stacey Boss, Blaine was turned into a zombie on a boat party on Lake Washington, after being exposed to a tainted dose of Utopium. The supply had been cut by pushers Gabriel and Scott E, and was mixed with the Max Rager energy drink. An unsafe component in the drink created violent reactions in 1 in 1000 drinkers, and mixed with the Utopium, it created "zombies".
Realizing the potential, he cut loose his ties with Boss and set up a business in zombie brains. He infected multiple powerful and wealthy people - his father Angus, Police Lieutenant Suzuki, District Attorney Floyd Baracus and many wealthy businesspeople - and then extorted them, charging them exceptionally high prices for the brains they needed to survive. He operated out of the deli Meat Cute Charcuterie with the aid of Cissie and Candyman. The brain donors street kids that he felt would not be missed.
He ran afoul of two people - Liv Moore, who, as a zombie, worked hard on finding a cure, and Major Lilywhite, a youth worker who found many of his shelter's kids missing. It eventually culminated in a violent fight in the deli, in which all of his employees were killed and Liv injected him with an experimental antidote that turned him back to normal.
Though no longer a zombie, he continued to operate his brain business, this time from a slightly safer workplace - a funeral home. He called on his remaining zombie victims to press down hard on Stacey Boss, and worked with Don E and Gabriel to recreate the tainted Utopium.
In the mean time, Max Rager boss Vaughn Du Clark had a growing interest in the zombies, and sent agents to kill as many of them as possible. Blaine's client list was diminished, but at the same time, he no longer had trouble with his father, who tried to usurp him.
Holy anachronisms, Batman!
This article is in need of updated information.
- Zombie Physiology: Zombies are mutated after being infected with a tainted batch of Utopium. The general bodily features - pale skin and hair, a lust for brains and only one heart beat per six seconds - has led to the infected to be referred to as "Zombies".
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Strength: In "full-on Zombie"-mode, Zombies are considerably stronger than in their controlled state.
- Retrocognition: For several days after eating a pure brain, Zombies are able to remember things from a the original brain owner's life by looking at certain triggers. Fillmore Graves mass produced a Zombie mush, comprised of multiple brains, to allow for their subjects to be fed without visions.
- Enhanced Senses (Formerly): As a side effect of being cured, Major could sense other zombies; his hairs would stand on end if they are near. This power wore off when the cure ran out.
- Hunger for Brains: If Zombies do not eat brains, they become dumb, loses her humanity, and may die. At a certain point, this state becomes inreversible, at which point a Zombie is said to be "Full Romero".
- Restricted Taste: Zombies lose most of their sense of taste, only being able to detect it when it was extra spicy. As such, zombies regularly spiked their food and drink with hot sauce.
- Blaine DeBeers was portrayed by David Anders.
- Blaine has operated a number of businesses in Seattle:
- Meat Cute Charcuterie: a deli that allowed him inconspicuous brain delivery. Destroyed in the season 1 finale, "Blaine's World". Day to day operation was handled by Cissie.
- Shady Plots Funeral Home: a funeral and cremation center, which granted him a steady supply of freshly dead brains.
- The Scratching Post: a zombie-only bar, originally set up by Angus and Don E. After Blaine ousted his father, he placed Don in charge. After FG's Discovery Day, it became a very popular spot for zombies, but was under constant threat of being shut down.
- Romero's: an upscale restaurant to satisfy the more wealthy zombie clientele.
- 48 Appearances of Blaine McDonough (iZombie TV Series)
- 2 Images featuring Blaine McDonough (iZombie TV Series)
- 2 Quotations by or about Blaine McDonough (iZombie TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Blaine McDonough (iZombie TV Series)
- ↑ IZombie (TV Series) Episode: Blaine's World
- ↑ IZombie (TV Series) Episode: Dead Rat, Live Rat, Brown Rat, White Rat
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 IZombie (TV Series) Episode: Pilot
- ↑ IZombie (TV Series) Episode: Heaven Just Got a Little Bit Smoother
- ↑ IZombie (TV Series) Episode: Brother, Can You Spare a Brain?
- ↑ IZombie (TV Series) Episode: Salivation Army