Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
He was captured and impersonated by the Durlans during their war with the Corps. The Corps discovered that the Durlans were using their fellow Lanterns' rings while the Lanterns were held captive. The impersonators were killed in battle and the confiscated rings set out for their true owners. The Durlans ordered the prisoners executed before their rings could return. A defenseless Bloobert was shot and killed in his cell moments before the rings, and trailing Green Lantern rescuers, arrived.
- Bloobert Cob was created by John Broome and Gil Kane, first appearing in Green Lantern (Volume 2) #46. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Bloobert Cob first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3) #31 by Van Jensen and Bernard Chang.
- The name Bloobert Cob is not mentioned in the character's original appearance in Green Lantern (Volume 2) #46. Nor does he appear in the commonly attributed Green Lantern Corps #224. The name (and the GLC appearance) was a fanon creation until Van Jensen learned of the character and used the name, making it canon.
- 1 Appearances of Bloobert Cob (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Bloobert Cob (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Bloobert Cob (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Bloobert Cob (Prime Earth)
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."