- I considered green... but "the green devil" just didn't have the right ring!
Appearing in "Heart of Stone"
- Blue Devil (Flashback and main story)
- Jenet Klyburn (Flashback and main story)
- Marla Bloom
- Sharon Scott (Flashback and main story)
- Norm Paxton
- Metallo (Final appearance)
- Nebiros (Flashback only)
- Los Angeles, California
- Marla Bloom's Office
- Los Angeles International Airport
- Hollywood, California
- Verner Brothers Studio
- Jock Verner's Office
- Verner Brothers Studio
- Metallo's Hovercraft
Synopsis for "Heart of Stone"
At Metallo's secret headquarters, Metallo berates Shockwave's failure to retreive the super kryptonite, arms his henchmen and sets off to steal it himself.
In WGBS' office building Clark Kent is told of the events of Blue Devil's fight with Shockwave and the rumor of "ultra-concentrated super-kryptonite."
Marla Bloom and Jock Verner discuss the injunction against Blue Devil using his suit in public. Marla tries to placate Jock by explaining that Sharon Scott is flying to keep him out of the public eye.
Norm Paxton takes Sharon Scott to the L.A. airport and they discuss Blue Devil's frustration and recent lashing out. Sharon boards a flight for Metropolis.
By late afternoon the scanning of Blue Devil is complete and Jenet and Blue Devil discuss how long it will be, if ever, that they can find a solution to his problem. As they discuss this, Metallo and his team invade the laboratories and attack. Metallo quickly gets the super-kryptonite and puts it in his chest piece where he gains increased power. Blue Devil is hit by laser rifles and knocked out. Two henchmen drag Blue Devil to Metallo's hovercraft while Metallo prepares to confront the approaching Superman. But the super-kryptonite irradiates the entire building and Superman can't get close.
Blue Devil regenerates and regains conciousness taking out the two henchmen and quietly freeing the lab employees while Metallo rants to his other henchmen. Blue Devil confronts the villains, taking down the henchmen and ultimately Metallo by removing the super-kryptonite which Jenet Klyburn quickly encapsulates. Superman is now free to enter and takes down the remaining henchmen. He confronts Jenet Klyburn as to why they have created super-kryptonite and she bluffs her way through an explanation about Phantom Zone villains though Superman doesn't accept that answer. Blue Devil tells Superman about his problem and Superman offers to find him magical help and flies him away just as Sharon, who had seen a newsreport on the Blue Devil/Metallo fight and took a taxi to S.T.A.R. Labs, arrives.
- Superman was on an undisclosed mission in space during the events of last issue.
- Metallo mentions a score to settle with Batman.
- Henchmen Smithers and Rojek appear again in Issue #6.
- There is a running gag throughout the series of cameo appearances by comic strip character Pogo Possum. In this issue he appears as a background character in the Los Angeles International Airport.
- Discuss Blue Devil Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Blue Devil series
- Images from Blue Devil Vol 1 3