Bolphunga the Unrelenting is a legendary intergalactic prize fighter. He had the strength of a Denebian Dozer-Bull, the endurance of a Lalotian Lava-Limpet, and the intelligence of a bed of kelp.
Bolphunga later went to Sector 2828, the Vega system, where he worked as a bounty hunter alongside Burlls, Fatality, Dag, and Quade. Bolphunga was now on a new quest, to hunt for Green Lanterns. It was never revealed who hired Bolphunga. Shortly after Bolphunga was hired, he and the other hunters found the body of Soranik Natu. Unknown to the hunters, she was a Green Lantern and she was alive. Along with Soranik Natu they discovered the body of Green Lantern Tarkus Whin, who was actually dead.
When Green Lanterns Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner came to rescue Soranik Natu, the hunters made an attempt to catch them. Fatality wanted to get them the most because she had a personal past with Kyle Rayner. After discovering the hunters were after them, the Green Lanterns retreated and hid in a Spider Guild nest, where they believed the hunters wouldn't follow. Dag, Burlls, and Quade were afraid to enter the Spider Guild but Bolphunga and Fatality were willing to risk themselves to get the Green Lanterns. Ultimately they failed to get the Green Lanterns. Amon Sur then hired the hunters to Earth to capture Green Lantern Hal Jordan but after many attempts, they failed again.
After failing to defeat and capture Green Lantern Guy Gardner, Bolphunga desired to get revenge on Gardner. After months tracking the Green Lantern, he found Gardner in Sector 3241 on the planet Restoria. Gardener was not wearing his power ring at the time and had it in the hotel. Bolphunga pursued Gardner in a long chase through the hotel, until Administrator Lantern Salakk arrived and stopped Bolphunga. Bolphunga was made to pay the hotel for all the damages and then headed back to Vega.
Bolphunga is later seen as an inmate in Oa's prison. He and Kanjar Ro end up assisting the Green Lantern Corps in their fight against the Sinestro Corps. Their lives were spared, but they had to see how the rest of the prisoners were executed around them by the Alpha Lanterns.
Holy anachronisms, Batman!
This article is in need of updated information.
- Alien Physiology
- Diminished Intellect: He is said to possess the "Intelligence of a Bed of Kelp."
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Bolphunga's name is often misspelled as Bulphunga.
- 12 Appearances of Bolphunga (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Bolphunga (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Bolphunga (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Bolphunga (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."