The Bookworm was a professional criminal who specialized in crimes that involved books. He wore an outfit that resembled the details of antique book binding converted to men's-suit form.
- Genius Level Intellect: He can read the greatest book in seconds. The Bookworm likes to quote books and knows each chapter, each page, and the paragraph that contains each quote.
- Bookworm was portrayed by Roddy McDowall. He was voiced by Jeff Bergman in the movie Batman vs. Two-Face.
- The Bookworm was created by Hendrik "Rik" Vollaerts, who admitted to Joel Eisner in The Official Batman Batbook, "I had a hell of a hard time trying to sell (his intelligent book-reading villain) because the number of people who read books in Hollywood is rather limited."
- The Bookworm and all his henchmen, including the Printer's Devil and Lydia Limpet, wore eye-glasses at nearly all times. (They were known to have removed these only before each of the two Batfights in which they engaged against the Bat-Duo.)
- 11 Appearances of Bookworm (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- 3 Images featuring Bookworm (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Quotations by or about Bookworm (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Bookworm (Batman 1966 TV Series)
|1966-1968 Batman television series and the 1966 Batman feature film. This template will categorize articles that include it into Batman TV Series Characters.|
|Batman Villain(s) from the 1966 series |
This character, team or organization, was primarily an enemy of the Batman in either the 1966 film or related television show. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Batman (1966 TV Series) Villains category."