The Bookworm was a professional criminal who specialized in crimes that involved books.
He wore an outfit that resembled the details of antique book binding converted to men's-suit form.
- Genius Level Intellect: He can read the greatest book in seconds. The Bookworm likes to quote books and knows each chapter, each page, and the paragraph that contains each quote.
- Bookworm was portrayed by Roddy McDowall. He was voiced by Jeff Bergman in the movie Batman vs. Two-Face.
- The Bookworm was created by Hendrik "Rik" Vollaerts, who admitted to Joel Eisner in The Official Batman Batbook, "I had a hell of a hard time trying to sell (his intelligent book-reading villain) because the number of people who read books in Hollywood is rather limited."
- The Bookworm and all his henchmen, including the Printer's Devil and Lydia Limpet, wore eye-glasses at nearly all times. (They were known to have removed these only before each of the two Batfights in which they engaged against the Bat-Duo.)
- 12 Appearances of Bookworm (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- 4 Images featuring Bookworm (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Quotations by or about Bookworm (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Bookworm (Batman 1966 TV Series)
|Batman Villain(s) from the 1966 series |
This character, team or organization, was primarily an enemy of the Batman in either the 1966-1968 television show, related 1966 film, tie-in comic book series or the animated movies. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Batman (1966 TV Series) Villains category."