"The Big Fall": Booster Gold is Metropolis' newest protector, as well as the corporate mascot of Goldstar, Inc. With his flying robotic companion Skeets, he seeks to make a name for himself in every possible venue, not the least of which includes brokering for movie deals and merchandise
- Why don't you go check the damage on the limo? It's my favorite one, and I'd hate to lose it!
Appearing in "The Big Fall"
- Dirk Davis (Booster's agent) (First appearance)
- Henry Ballard (a senator) (First appearance)
- Jenet Klyburn
- Jimmy Olsen
- Trixie Collins (Booster Gold's assistant) (First appearance)
- Cheryl (an entertainer) (Single appearance)
- Cindy Miles (an employee of WGBS) (First appearance)
- Conrad (a movie production agent) (Single appearance)
- Jack (a cat) (First appearance)
- Jan (a bartender) (Single appearance)
- Jeremy Brysler (Behind the scenes)
- Jill (Behind the scenes)
- Marty (Behind the scenes)
- Mister Wright (an agent) (First appearance)
- Myron (one of Henry Ballard's employees) (First appearance)
- Skip Andrews (a comic book editor) (First appearance)
- Sunny (Booster Gold's chauffeur) (First appearance)
- Tanya (an athletic club member) (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Big Fall"
Booster Gold is Metropolis' newest protector, as well as the corporate mascot of Goldstar, Inc. With his flying robotic companion Skeets, he seeks to make a name for himself in every possible venue, not the least of which includes brokering for movie deals and merchandise.
Currently, Booster is completing a workout at the Metropolis Athletic Club. As he finishes up, he dons his super-hero costume and marches out into the street. He gets into his limousine and speaks with Dirk Davis – his agent at Goldstar, Inc.
Suddenly, a large red battle tank screams down the road ramming several cars off of the highway. Booster and Skeets fly into action. Dozens of costumed terrorists pour out of the tank, including a large armored villain named Blackguard. Booster learns that Blackguard has stolen the guidance system chips to a satellite station from S.T.A.R. Labs.
The adversaries begin fighting one another, but Blackguard keeps Booster at bay with his energy mace and force shield. He manages to slow Blackguard down however, by manipulating him into the path of a high voltage power terminal. Recovering the guidance chips, Booster flies them back to S.T.A.R. Labs. The press corps arrives and Booster openly brags about his accomplishments. S.T.A.R. Labs administrator Jenet Klyburn runs outside and admonishes Booster for telling the press about their top-secret endeavors.
Suddenly, a new costumed villain named Mindancer arrives and attacks Booster Gold. Eschewing a blast of energy, she nearly incapacitates him in front of a sea of reporters.
Meanwhile, in a towering office space several blocks away, a shadowy man with a cane monitors the press reports with great interest. He is determined to learn all that he can about Booster Gold.
- It is reasonable to assume that Jimmy Olsen's appearance in this issue has since been retconned after the final issue of Crisis on Infinite Earths. The Olsen that appears in this issue is clearly the Pre-Crisis Jimmy as he is a reporter for WGBS. The Post-Crisis Jimmy Olsen is a photographer for the Daily Planet at this point in time, and will not try his hand at reporting for several more years yet.
- Skip Anderson makes reference to a comic book artist named Marty. Marty will make his first actual appearance in Booster Gold #4.
- Dirk Davis makes reference to a Mister Brysler. Jeremy Brysler, the President of Brysler Motors, will make his first appearance in Booster Gold #5.
- Editor Janice Race writes an editorial discussing the creation of the Booster Gold comic book. She promotes a contest wherein readers can write in suggestions for the series letters column.
- The editorial from this issue promises that a classic DC hero will be returning in issue #2. The hero in question is Thorn.
- Discuss Booster Gold Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Booster Gold series
- Images from Booster Gold Vol 1 1
- Booster Gold Recommended Reading