"Leggo My Ego": Booster Gold informs Rip Hunter that he'll only help protect the timestream if they go back in time and save his friend, Ted Kord, before he is murdered. Rip gives Booster his word that they can save Ted.
- There are traces of abnormal chronal energy eight decades down. I'm going to try and see if I can find out whose ass we need to kick.
Synopsis for "Leggo My Ego"
Booster Gold informs Rip Hunter that he'll only help protect the timestream if they go back in time and save his friend, Ted Kord, before he is murdered. Rip gives Booster his word that they can save Ted.
The death certificate for Hal Jordan changes to one for Guy Gardener and the two discover that someone has sent Sinestro to Earth to interact with Guy Gardener before Abin Sur crashes. Booster then stops Sinestro from interacting with Guy by pretending to be a fan and convincing Sinestro that he is the greatest Green Lantern in the future.
Meanwhile, Rip ventures into the time stream to try and find who is changing the timeline.
Seeing Guy Gardener is upset, Booster disguises himself and sits down at the bar with him. He convinces Guy to go see his dying father before returning to the Time Sphere. When in the time stream, he encounters Supernova, who is not his ancestor Dan, but some unknown figure that has attacked Rip Hunter. Supernova then slips into the Old West and finds Jonah Hex, as the death certificate now changes to that of Superman.
Appearing in "Leggo My Ego"
- Abin Sur (Cameo)
- Blue Beetle
- Jonah Hex
- Professor Luri Hoshid
- Peggy Gardner (Behind the scenes)
- Rolly Gardner (Behind the scenes)
- Sinestro Corps
- This issue draws heavily from continuity. It takes place shortly prior to Showcase #22 where Abin Sur chooses the next Green Lantern. Most of this story expands events depicted in Green Lantern (Volume 2) #59, the first appearance of Guy Gardner.
- Booster Gold Recommended Reading
- Rip Hunter Recommended Reading