Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
The second Red X rescued Brick from an abusive foster home and raised him to be a weapon against the Titans. He told Brick that Nightwing was his father and that the Titans saw young heroes as expendable pawns.
When Titans Academy was opened Red X sent Brick in as a student to destroy it from the inside, giving him his own Red X costume. As Red X, Brick tried to turn the other students against their teachers.
When Nevermore began to transform into a demon who would bring about the Apocalypse, Brick desperately "protected" him from the Titans, finally destroying the Academy with a single massive electrical blast as X had planned. However, the Titans managed to evacuate the Academy and Shazam and Black Adam, Jr. were able to siphon most of his energy into the Rock of Eternity. The two champions of magic took Dane into the Rock, averting the prophesied Apocalypse without killing him.
In the wreckage, Brick unmasked and confronted Nightwing, but Nightwing told Brick that he was not his father. Red X arrived and confirmed this was true, telling Brick he had no idea who his real parents were. Red X casually murdered Brick for his failure.
Powers and Abilities
- Electromagnetism: Brick has the metahuman ability of generating and manipulating electromagnetic energy for a variety of purposes, however he rarely displays this, stating that he doesn't like using his powers.
- Energy Projection: Brick can emit his EMP into powerful, concentrated blasts that are able to disrupt electronics.
- Electro-Blast: Brick is able to emit massive blasts of electricity. One one occasion he was able to generate ten megajoules of electromagnetic energy.
- Force Field: Brick can generate electromagnetic fields in order to protect himself or others. These force fields have "chaotic phase variance", that not even speedsters are capable of vibrating through.
- Computer Operation
- Computer Hacking
- Genius Level Intellect: Amanda Waller mentions that he possesses a Batman-level intellect in the field.
- Martial Arts: Due to being trained to fight at a young age by his parents, and later by Red X II, Brick became a highly skilled fighter. He was capable of going toe-to-toe with Peacemaker, and even defeat him.
- Tactical Analysis
- Throwing: Brick is a skilled marksman, capable of throwing projectile weapons with precision.
- Brick Pettirosso was created by Tim Sheridan and Rafa Sandoval, first appearing in Future State: Teen Titans #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Brick Pettirosso first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Infinite Frontier #0 by Tim Sheridan.
- 16 Appearances of Brick Pettirosso (Prime Earth)
- 14 Images featuring Brick Pettirosso (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Brick Pettirosso (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Brick Pettirosso (Prime Earth)
|Teen Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the younger superhero team known as the Teen Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Teen Titans members" category.
|Nightwing Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Nightwing. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Nightwing Villains."
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Teen Titans, the Titans, or any of the other various Titans incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Titans Villains" category.