Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Bride works for S.H.A.D.E. alongside the Creature Commandos. The Bride's relationship with Frankenstein was of a loving couple and had attempted to create a son through S.H.A.D.E. technology. However, their son was very unstable and violent, and attacked the Bride and forcing Frankenstein into killing him. Despite what their offspring had done, Bride saw that her son was only terrified of its situation and didn't forgive Frankenstein for his actions.
In the modern day, the Bride and Frankenstein soon learned that following an uprising in S.H.A.D.E., Father Time revealed that their son was actually alive and in S.H.A.D.E. custody without their knowledge. Bride and Frankenstein tracked their son to the place of their birth, Castle Frankenstein, where they try in some way to reason it. Unfortunately, the creature attacked and begged only for death. In a sad twist of irony, the Bride granted her son's request. Thereafter, having enough of the lies and manipulations that S.H.A.D.E. had built, especially that concerned with her son, the Bride quit the organization.
- Bride was created by Grant Morrison and Doug Mahnke, first appearing in Seven Soldiers: Frankenstein #3. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Bride first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E. #1 by Jeff Lemire and Alberto Ponticelli.
- 21 Appearances of Bride (Prime Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Bride (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Bride (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Bride (Prime Earth)