Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- My acolytes... find them! Bring them to your Brother Blood! Morons.
- — Brother Blood src
Brother Blood is seen to be obsessed with accessing The Red, the environmental force that connects all animal life via the Life Web. He first plans to access this by trapping Beast Boy and obtaining his blood, only to be defeated by his allies in The Ravagers
Later, during the events of The Robin War, The Titans are captured by Professor Pyg. He proceeds to drain Beast Boy's blood, and infect a kidnapped woman with it, transforming her into a beast-like creature. Once the Titans break free and defeat the monster, it is revealed that Pyg has escaped with several jars of Beast Boy's blood, and sells them to Brother Blood.
Buddy Baker, the Animal Man, later begins taking more animal rights-themed cases, as a way of coping with the death of his son, Clifford. During one of these cases, which involved several missing pets, zoo animals, and strays, he discovers a cult obsessed with becoming more animal then man, replacing several of their own body parts with that of stolen animals. Upon further investigation, it is revealed that these "Splinterfolk" are working under Brother Blood's command, and drain Buddy of his blood.
Once obtaining blood from Beast Boy and Animal Man, Blood opens a portal into The Red, and reveals he is in a traitorous partnership with one of a totem of the Red.
He is eventually stopped and banished from the Red with joint efforts by Maxine and Buddy Baker.
- Blood Magic: Brother Blood can control blood in both natural and mystical ways. He can create nightmares, prophetic dreams, intense pain and sense blood.
- Mind Control: Brother Blood can control minds as long as the victim's blood has been shed. He keeps his Church of Blood under his control by flaying their skin so they bleed constantly.
- Energy Projection: Brother Blood can manipulate the blood of his enemies in a large number of ways. He can also control ambient blood from his Pool of Blood to choke his victims.
- Healing: Brother Blood often heals his victims in order to gain their trust in order to draw them near before he rips the blood from their bodies or reduces them to mindless drones.
- Teleportation: Brother Blood can rip open blood portals in order to drag people to and from. However, this is a difficult ability that he only uses as a last resort.
- Charisma: Brother Blood is a highly charismatic individual who dominates his Church of Blood as well as the three high priests that are directly under his control. He controls his church like a god and commands his drones to attack whomever he desires to power his abilities.
- Brother Blood was created by Marv Wolfman and George Perez, first appearing in New Teen Titans #21. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Brother Blood first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Ravagers #3 by Howard Mackie, Ian Churchill, and Jon Sibal.
- 20 Appearances of Brother Blood (Prime Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Brother Blood (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Brother Blood (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Brother Blood (Prime Earth)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Teen Titans, the Titans, or any of the other various Titans incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Titans Villains" category.