"A Visit from the Dead!!": The synopsis for this issue has not yet been written.
Appearing in "A Visit from the Dead!!"
- Lord Sliderule (Single appearance)
- Mad Dawg
- Ronald Reagan
- The Berlin Airplanes
Synopsis for "A Visit from the Dead!!"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- Though originally published during DC's Earth-One era of publication, the events from this series are largely preserved in Post-Crisis continuity, though some element may have been altered.
- Final issue of the series. Final Pre-Crisis appearance of Brother Power. Brother Power appears next in Swamp Thing Annual #5.
- While sales of the title were modest, Brother Power was not popular among the staff. DC Comics artist Carmine Infantino claimed in several interviews following his retirement from comics that Superman editor Mort Weisinger disliked the character very strongly, and petitioned DC publisher Jack Liebowitz to shut down the title. According to Infantino and others who knew and worked with Mort, Weisinger harbored an admitted dislike for the hippie subculture of the 60's, and felt that Simon portrayed them too sympathetically. It didn't help that Mad Dawg and his cronies appeared with uniforms and gadgetry evocative of Nazis in the second issue. According to Joe Simon, the third issue was canceled just before the finished artwork was to be set up for print duplication. Simon refused to discuss exactly what the plot of this issue was about, nor release any of the original art.
- Discuss Brother Power, the Geek Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Brother Power, the Geek series
Links and References
- Brother Power the Geek at Wikipedia
- Brother Power, the Geek series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Brother Power, the Geek series index at the Grand Comics Database