- 'Good'! 'Evil'! Outmoded concepts for an antique age. Can't you see? There is no good, there is no evil in our new world! Look at us! Are we not final proof that there is no good, no evil, no truth, no reason? Are we not proof that the universe is a drooling idiot with no fashion sense? From this day on we will celebrate the total absurdity of life, the gigantic hocus-pocus of existence. From this day on, let unreason reign! The Brotherhood of Evil is dead! Long live the Brotherhood of Dada!
Eric Morden was a scientist who, years ago, wished to join the Brotherhood of Evil. But after an unfortunate incident in which Morden double-crossed the Brotherhood, he was forced to flee from their wrath. Morden settled in Paraguay where he fell in with Dr. Bruckner, a former Nazi war criminal, and agreed to become a guinea pig for one of Bruckner's experiments. This process horrifically transformed Morden into a "abstract man" called Mr. Nobody. As Mr. Nobody, he decided to form his own superteam with four outcasts he discovered in his travels across the world. He created a new Brotherhood, one not dedicated to evil, which Mr. Nobody considers an outmoded concept, but to celebrate the absurdity of life. He called this anarchistic group the Brotherhood of Dada.
The Brotherhood's goal was to bring chaos to the world. Their first mission took them to the vaults of Mr. Horst Eismann, a German collector of bizarre artifacts and weird relics. From him, they found a mystical painting that could devour anything that beheld it. Taking the painting to the base of the Eiffel Tower, the Brotherhood unleashed the painting's "hunger" and absorbed themselves and the entire city of Paris. The Brotherhood accidentally awoke Extinction, the Fifth Horseman, who had been trapped in the painting when it was created. They reluctantly asked the Doom Patrol to help destroy it. Through their combined efforts they beat Extinction just as the painting started disintegrating. The painting vomited up Paris, and the Doom Patrol escaped, but the Brotherhood were trapped. Everyone except Mr. Nobody was perfectly happy with their new life inside the painting.
Mr. Nobody later escaped the painting and created a new Brotherhood of Dada: Agent "!", Alias the Blur, Number None, Toy, and the Love Glove. They stole the bicycle of Albert Hofmann, and used its lysergic resonance to power Mr. Nobody's presidential campaign to turn the entire population of the United States into happy-go-lucky individuals who were about to vote for him for President. However, the U.S. government dispatch a super-powered agent, Yankee Doodle, against the Brotherhood. Despite the best effort of the Doom Patrol, Yankee Doodle kills almost the entire Brotherhood of Dada. The only member left in the Brotherhood was Toy, who arrived late to join the Brotherhood.
- In Infinite Crisis, a member of H.I.V.E. mentioned seeing Punch and Jewelee at a "Save the Brotherhood of Dada" rally.
- 16 Appearances of Brotherhood of Dada
- 7 Images that include Brotherhood of Dada
- Team Gallery: Brotherhood of Dada
Links and References
Doom Patrol Villain(s)
This character exists under the Vertigo Imprint which is intended for Mature Readers. Vertigo titles although they may cross over into regular DC continuity.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Vertigo Characters."