"Oracle": Barbara Gordon is in a panic - she has discovered that Ra's al Ghul has summoned the Seven Men of Death to move out against Vicki Vale, making her realize that he was the one who put out a bounty on her head. She hacks in
Bruce Wayne: The Road Home: Oracle #1 is a one-shot with a cover date of December, 2010. It was published on October 27, 2010.
Appearing in "Oracle"
- Alfred Pennyworth (Cameo)
- Gotham City
Synopsis for "Oracle"
Barbara Gordon is in a panic - she has discovered that Ra's al Ghul has summoned the Seven Men of Death to move out against Vicki Vale, making her realize that he was the one who put out a bounty on her head. She hacks into the Insider's comm-link, much to his surprise, and lets him know that it's Ra's who is the mastermind behind it all. After confirming he has Vicki with him, he's quick to pull her away from a window, telling her that one misstep would mean the end for all of them. As he heads out, he asks for some of Barbara's "birds" to help distract the Seven Men - she chooses her back-ups: Batgirl, Man-Bat, Ragman, Manhunter, Hawk and Dove. As she does, she wonders if the Insider truly is Bruce, then reminisces to the time after she was paralyzed by the Joker. When Bruce came to see her, she attempted to drive him away with her self-wallowing. Instead Bruce tells her not to let this tragedy shape her life like his did. After months of training, she shows off her Watchtower.
Her thoughts are interrupted when Batgirl, Hawk and Dove contact her. Through simple hacking, she's able to lure the Seven Men of Death to the Birds' location, allowing Insider to escape with Vicki. However, one of them is able to attack them and, injured, Insider is forced to make Vicki run. The Birds take down the assassins while the Insider defeats his attacker, learning that Ra's wants Vicki dead because he doesn't want Batman's legacy tainted by her reveal. Hearing that, Oracle lets slip that she's figured out the Insider is actually Bruce. She asks if Dick and Damian know, but he reveals they don't at the moment, and that now isn't the time.
Elsewhere, Vicki smashes her cell phone, realizing she might be traced. She finds a working pay phone and calls Alfred for help, only to be captured by the White Ghost, leaving Alfred to worry about her fate.
- This is the sevent part of the Bruce Wayne: Road Home storyline. The previous chapter is Bruce Wayne: The Road Home: Commissioner Gordon #1 and the story continues in Bruce Wayne: The Road Home: Ra's al Ghul #1.
- Insider is surprised when Oracle contacts him through a certain channel. However, in the previous chapter, he talked to her with no apparent surprise. It could be possible that she used a channel different than the one they used before.
- Discuss Bruce Wayne: The Road Home: Oracle Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Images from Bruce Wayne: The Road Home: Oracle Vol 1 1