As a young child, Bruce Wayne watched his parents murdered before his eyes. Thomas and Martha Wayne were walking home one night with their son, when they were held up at gunpoint by a mugger who demanded the pearl necklace that Martha was wearing. When his father refused to surrender it, both he and Martha were shot dead in the streets, eventually becoming known as the vigilante Batman. However, prior to this transformation, Bruce had also befriended Tommy Elliot. After becoming Batman, Bruce had inadvertently bred a new era of criminals such as Riddler, Killer Croc and Scarecrow. Supposedly, due to this fact, Bruce relied on Lucius Fox, Alfred Pennyworth's daughter, Julia Pennyworth, and a young individual nicknamed Robin in order to aid the city. However, Bruce had eventually decided to effectively abandon the city, leaving many of Gotham's criminals to now run rampant.
Three years after his disappearance, Gotham City descended into a hopeless crime-ridden state. As the city began to die and its infrastructure fell apart, his cousin Kate Kane took on the mantle of the Batwoman to combat the rampant misconduct plaguing the streets.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the Arrowverse and is an adaptation of Batman. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane and first appeared in Detective Comics #27.
- In his first onscreen appearance in the Batwoman pilot, Batman is portrayed by an uncredited actor.
- Prior to his first onscreen appearance, Batman was mentioned by characters in other shows set in the same universe.
- 2 Appearances of Bruce Wayne (Arrowverse)
- 1 Images featuring Bruce Wayne (Arrowverse)
- Quotations by or about Bruce Wayne (Arrowverse)
- Character Gallery: Bruce Wayne (Arrowverse)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.