- Somedays you just can't get rid of a bomb!
- — Batman src
Bruce Wayne, a multi-millionaire playboy, uses the alias of Batman. As such, he is a brilliant crime-fighter helping rid Gotham City of its criminals in conjunction with the Gotham City Police Department.
After witnessing his parents's deaths, Bruce Wayne trained to become Batman, with the help of his butler Alfred, adopting a costume to strike fear into the hearts of criminals and appropriately bat-themed gadgets — including a Batmobile and Batcave. At some point Batman became good friends with Police Commissioner James Gordon.
Batman took Richard "Dick" Grayson in as his ward and the boy helped him as Robin, the Boy Wonder. Soon after, Batman got more help in the form of Batgirl. Unbeknownst to him, she is Commissioner Gordon's daughter.
During his career as a masked crime fighter, Batman has faced off against many enemies, such as The Joker, The Riddler, Catwoman, The Penguin, Mister Freeze, Ma Parker, King Tut, False Face, Bookworm and many others.
- Cosmic Awareness: Batman has, at times, shown to be fully aware of being a fictional character, even breaking the Fourth Wall and directly talking to the viewer on a few occasions.
- Peak Human Condition: Following the murder of his parents at the hands of criminals, Bruce trained to fight crime. He is strong enough to lift a heavy rock.
- Genius Level Intellect
- Investigation: Bruce is the world's greatest detective. Commissioner Gordon turned to him for help when the Riddler, who had outwitted the Gotham City Police Department a dozen times, attacked Moldavia. He figured out the answer to one of his riddles was a clue to the location of a false robbery, and deduced another answer was the false location of where Riddler kidnapped Robin. When this turned out to be part of Riddler's plan, Bruce deduced the real location by listening to the background noise of the phone call he had with Riddler.
- Criminology: Bruce knows how the "quizzical criminal" Riddler operates: he deliberately leaves clues to confound the Gotham City Police Department, which may or may not lead to the real crime he is planning. As Bruce put it, he "contrives his plots like artichokes" and "you have to strip off spiny leaves to reach the heart." Hence, he knew the incident in Moldavia was not politically-motivated, but rather a clever device to make Commissioner Gordon call him in. He also understood that for the Riddler, crime was not fun unless he was outwitting Batman and Robin. He knows that a criminal always makes one mistake.
- Mathematics: Bruce is good at math, as he was able to help Robin with his algebra assignment.
- Tactical Analysis: When Bruce realized Riddler's clues were a trick, he sent the Gotham City Police Department to the false location just in case, while he and Robin surprised the Riddler with a Trojan Mammoth.
- Eidetic Memory
- Business Management: Bruce has been called "a real champion" of business. He is good with numbers, as he helped Robin with his algebra assignment.
- Electrical Engineering
- Multilingualism: Along with English, Bruce can also speak Spanish and French.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced)
- Martial Arts
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Batman, its tie-in comic book series, related live-action movie and animated movies, Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders and Batman vs. Two-Face. It is an adaptation of Bruce Wayne/Batman. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane and first appeared in Detective Comics #27.
- Batman/Bruce Wayne was portrayed by Adam West.
- He is a downloadable skin in Batman: Arkham Origins and Batman: Arkham Knight and an unlockable character in Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham.
- Bruce's special drink is orange juice.
- Batman has stated on multiple occasions that he does not approve of gambling.
- According to Egghead, Bruce is in his early 30s.
- 197 Appearances of Bruce Wayne (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- 68 Images featuring Bruce Wayne (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- 12 Quotations by or about Bruce Wayne (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Bruce Wayne (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Batman '66 Meets the Man from U.N.C.L.E. #5
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: Dizzoner the Penguin
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: The Duo Is Slumming
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: Batman's Waterloo
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: Smack in the Middle
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: Hi Diddle Riddle
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: The Purr-fect Crime
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: Give 'Em the Axe
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: The Riddler's False Notion
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: Batman's Satisfaction
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: Scat! Darn Catwoman
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: Black Widow Strikes Again
- Batman (1966 Movie)
- Batman '66 #6
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: Ring Around the Riddler
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: The Curse of Tut
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: The Pharaoh's in a Rut
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: Walk the Straight and Narrow
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: Hizzonner the Penguin
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: Penguin Is a Girl's Best Friend
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: The Zodiac Crimes
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: The Joker Goes to School
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: An Egg Grows in Gotham
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.