- — Bruce Foster Wayne src
Bruce Foster Wayne was an eccentric millionaire with a larger than life personality. He died at an old age in his mansion, with his last word being "Rosebud." Reporter Clark Kent was sent to investigate this by interviewing everyone closest to him. This included Dick Grayson, his former partner now working as Wayne Enterprises' chairman-of-the-board; Selina Kyle, a nightclub performer and romantic interest who he had at one point turned into the police; James Gordon, a close friend of his in the police department; and a mental patient named Jack. Alfred Pennyworth eventually reveals that "Rosebud" was the word engraved on the gun used to murder his parents by a mugger when he was a small child.
- DC Comics has published two different and unrelated Elseworlds stories titled Citizen Wayne. The first was written by Mark Waid and Brian Augustyn with art by Joe Staton, published in 1994's Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Annual #4. The second is a collaboration between Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Gaydos, published in 2000's Batman Chronicles #21. They are both clear references to the classic 1941 film Citizen Kane. Additionally, Part Two of "Blind Justice" by Sam Hamm, appearing in Detective Comics #599 has the same title.
- This version of Bruce Wayne is never directly shown to have become Batman, although it is partially implied.
- 2 Appearances of Bruce Wayne (Citizen Wayne Chronicles)
- 3 Images featuring Bruce Wayne (Citizen Wayne Chronicles)
- 1 Quotations by or about Bruce Wayne (Citizen Wayne Chronicles)
- Character Gallery: Bruce Wayne (Citizen Wayne Chronicles)
|Elseworlds Character |
This character exists within an Elseworlds continuity, and as such is not a part of the mainstream DC Universe; they may also exist within the 52 Multiverse. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Elseworlds Characters."