Billionnaire Bruce Wayne is the veteran vigilante known as the Batman. A man fighting crime with no powers, he was naturally distrustful of superpowers after the destruction of Metropolis. After Superman's death, he changed his mind and, with the help of Wonder Woman, he founded the Justice League to fend off a coming alien invasion, and prevent a dark future he saw in a vision from coming to be.
Bruce Wayne was born to Thomas and Martha Wayne on February 19, 1972. When he was eight, he witnessed his parents get murdered. Bruce ran away from the funeral and fell into a hole in the ground. Luckily, a swarm of bats carried Bruce out of the hole. Many years later, he became the vigilante known as Batman. During his career Bruce made several enemies and even had an partner named "Robin". However Bruce's nemesis, the Joker, killed Robin and Bruce placed his armor in memorial on the Batcave.
The Battle of Metropolis
Two years later, the Batman became much more hardened and violent than before, now not just killing his enemies, but branding criminals with the Bat symbol and escaping from the police, whom he formerly had a close relationship with.
The White Portuguese Conspiracy
Bruce attended Lex Luthor's party and met Daily Planet reporter Clark Kent. Soon after, Bruce went downstairs to put a hacking device in the LexCorp mainframe. However, it was stolen by Diana Prince. Later that night, Bruce fell asleep in the Batcave where he had a nightmare of Superman leading an army. He woke up to the Flash appearing, travelling from the future he had witnessed in his dream, telling him that "Lois Lane is the key", that he was "too soon", and that Bruce must unite the Justice League. Bruce then awoke from the dream-within-a-dream.
Batman later chased some criminals in the Batmobile until he ran into Superman. Superman told him not to go to the Bat Signal. "The Bat is dead." Batman asked if he bleeds. Superman flew off and Batman threatened that he will.
After Bruce saw the Congress building explode on the news, he exercised to prepare to fight Superman. He made a suit of armor and turned on the Bat Signal to summon Superman. Superman came under blackmail from Lex Luthor. They fought. Batman shot Kryptonite gas to weaken Superman. The gas eventually wore off but Batman had another Kryptonite gas pallet. He then prepared to kill Superman with a Kryptonite spear until Superman plead that they are going to kill Martha. Batman demanded to know why he was using that name. Lois Lane arrived and begged Batman to stop, telling him that Martha is Superman's mother. Realizing that the alien he sought to kill was just as "human" as himself, and that he almost became the very thing that drove him to protect Gotham in the first place, Batman tossed the spear aside and agreed to help Superman's mother. Batman came to a warehouse and beat up some goons. He then rescued Martha.
After a nuclear missile failed to kill the Doomsday, created from combinatiom of Luthor's blood with Zod's DNA, Batman tried to take him out with the Batwing. But Doomsday took down the Batwing and shot heat vision at him. Luckily, Wonder Woman had blocked the blast with her indestructible bracelets. Superman recovered from the missile's hit and joined the fight. The three heroes battled Doomsday until Superman stabbed him with the Kryptonite spear, getting impaled by Doomsday's spikes in the process.
Bruce attended a funeral for Superman and spoke to Diana about forming a team of Metahumans.
- Peak Human Condition: Bruce has trained his body to the maximum limits of human conditioning, as shown through his highly strenuous training routine.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced)
- Intimidation: Batman has the ability to instill great fear in others. His appearance caused a group of victims to believe him to be some sort of devil.
- Stealth: Bruce is a master of stealth, capable of staying out of sight of enemies, and breaching high security facilities without being detected.
- Weaponry: Bruce is adept in the use of various weapons, such as his batarangs and multiple gadgets. He has used his grapple gun as an improvised melee weapon, and was also able to quickly pick up and use a knife as a weapon in mid-combat.
- Firearms: Bruce has displayed great marksmanship with the special guns he has constructed, such as his grapple gun, gas gun, and sniper. Bruce has also shown great skill with pistols and rifles, although this was only displayed in a nightmare of his.
- Throwing: Bruce is highly skilled in throwing his batarangs with great accuracy.
- Genius Level Intellect: Batman is a brilliant detective, strategist, and tactician. Given his lack of superpowers, he often uses cunning and planning to outwit his foes, rather than simply "out-fighting" them.
- Tactical Analysis: Bruce is a master at formulating and executing plans.
- Investigation: Batman is a highly skilled detective, and is capable of observation and inductive and deductive reasoning.
- Interrogation: Batman is adept in interrogation techniques, which is accompanied by his frightening appearance.
- Deception: According to Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce is quite adept at lying.
- Thievery: Bruce is capable of breaking into high security facilities, and retrieving objects, without being detected.
- Mechanical Aptitude: Bruce is proficient at combat driving, and is likely trained and proficient in basic vehicles operations. 
- Gadgetry: Bruce is highly skilled in constructing and utilizing various gadgets.
- Computer Hacking: Bruce is a skilled hacker, as he was able to crack the firewall on Lex Luthor's database after accessing encrypted files on his servers.
- Business Management: As the CEO of Wayne Enterprises, Bruce Wayne has extensive skill and experience in business management.
- Leadership: Bruce was capable of acting as the leader of the Justice League.
- Aviation: Bruce is highly skilled in flying aircraft, such as the Batplane.
- Driving: Bruce is highly proficient at driving cars, such as the Batmobile.
- Multilingualism: Bruce is capable of speaking multiple languages.
- Indomitable Will: Although he has no superhuman powers, Batman's unstoppable determination and strength of will make him an extremely formidable opponent.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Extended Universe and is an adaptation of Batman. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane and first appeared in Detective Comics #27.
- Bruce Wayne is portrayed by Ben Affleck.
- Batman made a couple appearances prior to his official first on-screen appearance in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. His first appearance in DC canon in any capacity was as a hallucination among other Batmen of the multiverse in Batman: Arkham Knight Annual #1, a tie-in comic for the Batman: Arkham Knight video game. The tie-in comic was released after the public's first look at the character through promotional material for the movie.
However, again prior to the release of Batman v Superman, his first appearance within DCEU canon was in a General Mills-sponsored Batman v Superman prequel comic titled General Mills Presents Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice #2, which we have acknowledged as his first appearance on the DC Database.
- 10 Appearances of Bruce Wayne (DC Extended Universe)
- 35 Images featuring Bruce Wayne (DC Extended Universe)
- 3 Quotations by or about Bruce Wayne (DC Extended Universe)
- Character Gallery: Bruce Wayne (DC Extended Universe)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."