Bruce Wayne was the superhero known as Superman from the alternate reality known as Earth-136. He used to work in Gotham City along with his partner Robin, who was in fact Dick Grayson, his adopted son. Both Wayne and Grayson lived in Wayne Manor with their butler Alfred. Superman and Robin would often aid the Gotham City Police Department and Commissioner Gordon, fighting crime and keeping the city under control.
When the Earth-One Batman arrived in this version of Gotham, he was immediately noticed by Superman, who assumed that Batman was a criminal and tried to bring him to the authorities. Superman was distracted by other events happening at that moment, allowing Batman to escape. Later, Batman showed up at Wayne Manor, claiming to be Bruce Wayne, but he was shocked to learn that Superman was in fact the real Bruce Wayne. Superman finally managed to capture Batman and sent him to prison, before going to confront another criminal by the name of Red Raven. Batman decided to break from prison and assist Superman and Robin against this criminal, after which the heroes realized that Batman was merely a hero from another dimension, stranded on their planet. Superman helped Batman return to his reality by replicating the accident that caused him to be transported to Earth-136 in the first place and finally, things were back to normal.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superman possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Superman's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. His biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and his bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Superman can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. He can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Superman's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, he can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Superman's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Superman can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. He can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, he can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows him to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Supermans can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. He can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived - such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans - is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Superman can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Superman is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of his dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Superman is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, his extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Superman is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on his body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Superman's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of his musculature. His strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables him to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Superman is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to his perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Superman is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from his lungs. He can chill the air as it leaves his lungs to freeze targets. He can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into his lungs.
- Super Flare: Kryptionians are able to discharge all of stored solar energy in one gigantic blast. This Solar Flare utilizes all the yellow sun radiation within cells at once, allowing for an all out AoE attack. They cannot use it more than once or twice however, as it drains them of all their powers until they can recharge cells with solar energy. Give or take 24 hours, in that expanse of time, is rendered virtually human and vulnerable.
- Longevity/Immortality: Kryptonians possess an extended period of life while their cells are charged with copious solar energy. If is able to live long enough, they're aging process will halt altogether effectively making the recipient physically undying.
- Super Vocals: A kryptonian possesses enhanced vocal/audio decibel abilities which they can access through precise muscle control. Enabling their voices to carry over incredible distances at a time, or deliver a wave of amplified sound powerful enough to shatter glass or concrete.
- Thulium: Unlike many versions of Superman, Bruce Wayne was not weakened by Kryptonite, but instead he was affected by a rare compound known as Thulium, the same which resembled a regular metallic amalgamation.
- This version of Superman, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Bruce Wayne (Earth-136)
- 2 Images featuring Bruce Wayne (Earth-136)
- Quotations by or about Bruce Wayne (Earth-136)
- Character Gallery: Bruce Wayne (Earth-136)
Superman Family member