Bruce Wayne was the Gotham City vigilante Batman.
He worked alongside his junior partner Robin, whose secret identity was Dick Grayson, Bruce Wayne's ward. Bruce lived in the stately Wayne Manor with his faithful butler Alfred and Dick's aunt, Harriet.
Bruce Wayne was the only person who could help Superman overcome the loss of his powers, and inspired by Bruce's heroic feats as Batman, Superman adopted the costumed identity of Nova, much to Bruce's dismay.
Shortly after, Batman tried to warn Nova about a super villain known as Mr. Socrates, but Nova had already fallen into Socrates' control and he was forced to fight Batman. The Dark Knight managed to beat Superman and afterwards, he took his friend to the Batcave, where he learned about Socrates' mind-controlling device. Moments later, Superman managed to overcome Socrates' control over him and together, Batman, Robin and Superman defeated Socrates and his men. Batman then made a promise to train Superman to make him a great hero.
- This version of Batman, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Bruce Wayne (Earth-178)
- 8 Images featuring Bruce Wayne (Earth-178)
- Quotations by or about Bruce Wayne (Earth-178)
- Character Gallery: Bruce Wayne (Earth-178)