Bruce Wayne was the son of wealthy socialites Thomas and Martha Wayne. He grew up in a protected environment, and was a fan of swashbuckler movies and toys. One night close after, Christmas, on their way home from the movies, Joe Chill confronted the family in a dark alley. He killed Thomas and Martha in cold blood, but left Bruce alive. Chill had been acting on the orders of Lew Moxon, because Thomas Wayne had stopped a robbery at a charity gala some time before.
Bruce dedicated the rest of his life to avenging his parents' deaths, hounding criminal scum everywhere. As part of his training, he joined the Wudang Temple, where he trained under Wong Fei. He was not well liked by his other students, Fox, Shark and Vulture, and only got along with Bronze Tiger.
Inspired by heroes before him, he set about protecting Gotham City's dark alleys from hoodlums, thugs and leg-breakers. At first, Gotham's other super-hero, Green Lantern, disagreed with his methods. But after they freed a little girl from kidnappers, Green Lantern came to understand the need of a hero who battled criminals rather than save the world like he had always done. He introduced Batman to the Justice Society, where he would be further trained. With the Society's protege Black Canary, Batman was taught all kinds of fighting styles by warriors like Hawkman and fighters like Wildcat.
He originally struck out on his own, but later took in Dick Grayson to become his sidekick, Robin. They joined up with other heroes to form the Justice League. This first incarnation consisted of Aquaman, Black Canary, Fire, Flash (Barry Allen), Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Red Tornado, Superman and Wonder Woman, but it was disbanded under unfortunate circumstances. He became a close friend and ally of Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), and saw him die in a mission to stop his uncle Jarvis. In memory of his friend, Batman would spend more time in training the boy who received the scarab, Jaime Reyes.
Batman would continue to team up with other heroes, taking down world threats and megalomaniac criminals rather than the hoodlums he had set out to fight. He reforged the League as the Justice League International, consisting of veterans Aquaman, Fire and Martian Manhunter, as well as seasoned allies (who needed guidance) Guy Gardner and Booster Gold, and the younger heroes Ice and Blue Beetle.
- Aviation: Batman has expertly flown both the Batplane and the Whirlybat.
- Escapology: His escapology skills are on par with Mister Miracle
- Computer Hacking
- Driving: Batman has expertly driving the Batmobile and the Batcycle.
- Intimidation: Batman was a very aggressive interrogator.
- Martial Arts: Batman was trained by Wong Fei in Wudang Temple]
- Disguise: One of his most used disguises was Matches Malone, but he has also impersonated Superman.
- Investigation: He is widely considered as the World's Greatest Detective, capable of observation, forensic investigation, and inductive and deductive reasoning.
- Tactical Analysis
- Throwing: Batman was a master at throwing Batarangs; even other heroes noted for their marksmanship such as Green Arrow had trouble with aiming.
- Batsuit: Batman wore a high-tech Batsuit with integrated jet pack, and a breathing apparatus that allowed him to survive in the deep ocean and space.
- Utility Belt
- Batmobile: Batman's Batmobile was a two-seater that could transform into a jet, boat, spaceship and mecha.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Batman: The Brave and the Bold and its tie-in video game and comic book series, Batman: The Brave and The Bold and All-New Batman: The Brave and the Bold. It is an adaptation of Bruce Wayne/Batman. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane and first appeared in Detective Comics #27.
- Batman was voiced by Diedrich Bader. A young Bruce Wayne was voiced by Zachary Gordon over three episodes. Jeff Bennett provided his singing voice for "Mayhem of the Music Meister!".
- 107 Appearances of Bruce Wayne (The Brave and the Bold)
- 58 Images featuring Bruce Wayne (The Brave and the Bold)
- 20 Quotations by or about Bruce Wayne (The Brave and the Bold)
- Character Gallery: Bruce Wayne (The Brave and the Bold)
- ↑ "Time Out for Vengeance!"
- ↑ Young Justice/Batman: The Brave and the Bold Super Sampler #1
- ↑ "Invasion of the Secret Santas!"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 "Chill of the Night!"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Return of the Fearsome Fangs!"
- ↑ All-New Batman: The Brave and the Bold #7
- ↑ "The Golden Age of Justice!"
- ↑ "The Color of Revenge!"
- ↑ "Sidekicks Assemble!"
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 "Darkseid Descending!"
- ↑ "Fall of the Blue Beetle!"
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 "Rise of the Blue Beetle!"
- ↑ "Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure!"
- ↑ "The Last Bat On Earth!"
- ↑ "Night of the Huntress!"
- ↑ "The Mask of Matches Malone!"
- ↑ Batman: The Brave and The Bold #2
- ↑ "Trials of the Demon!"
- ↑ "Night of the Batmen!"
- ↑ Batman: The Brave and The Bold #13
- ↑ "Evil Under The Sea!"
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.