Buddy Blank was once a factory worker for a company named Pseudo-People, Inc. The Global Peace Agency selected him as a candidate for a program known as Project OMAC. The Global Peace Agency selected Buddy because of his ties to Pseudo-People, Inc., whom they suspected were carrying on illegal affairs. Doctor Myron Forest performed electronic surgery on Buddy, using computerized hormones that enabled Buddy to interface with the orbiting space satellite Brother Eye. The process imbued Buddy with great power, and he became the One-Man-Army-Corps known as OMAC. As OMAC, Buddy exposed Pseudo-People, Inc.'s Section-D project, which involved the creation of artificial women to be used as bombs against enemy targets.
He continued responding to critical emergencies, often working alongside operatives of the Global Peace Agency. He fought the militant Marshal Kirovan Kafka and his Multi-Killer beast. He also broke up the Body Shop racket run by "Fancy" Freddy Sparga, and came to blows with the evil mad scientist Doctor Skuba.
On one adventure, a cabal of scientists known as Intercorp attempted to erase OMAC from existence by sending the Murdermek robot backwards in time to assassinate his ancestor, Norman Blank. OMAC followed the robot into the time stream, and teamed up with Earth's champion Superman to save the life of Norman Blank.
This section of the history takes place during Convergence, a massive crossover event revisiting characters from past eras and realities. The villains Brainiac and Telos plucked them from their own timeline and stored them together, causing them to cross over into each others' reality. Its precise chronological placement and canonicity may be unclear.
- Power Absorption: OMAC develops superhuman abilities due to his interface with the Brother Eye satellite system. OMAC communicates his requirements to Brother Eye who in turn projects an invisible beam of energy that automatically locks onto OMAC's location anywhere in the world. The beam is received through a special processor on OMAC's belt, where it is broken down into organic components that circulate throughout OMAC's bloodstream. The beam bestows upon him enhanced strength and vitality.
- Superhuman Stamina: Brother Eye can increase OMAC's physical heartiness so that he will never suffer from fatigue while on assignment.
- Superhuman Strength: Brother Eye can increase OMAC's strength levels up to (and possibly beyond) the 70 ton range.
- Density Control: Brother Eye can increase or decrease OMAC's density for a variety of effects. Increased density enhances his stamina and durability giving rise to his sobriquet the "one man army corps". Brother Eye can also decrease OMAC's mass and density enabling him to glide on air currents should the mission parameters require it.
- Brother Eye: OMAC interfaced with the Brother Eye satellite, which enabled him to tap into his powers. OMAC received energy from Brother Eye by way of a special processor housed in his belt buckle.
Unlike previously thought, Buddy's existence was not erased during Crisis on Infinite Earths, as he appeared in the Convergence event.
- OMAC's Mohawk hair-style is similar in appearance to the helmet worn by Roman Gladiators. The style was patterned after that of Mars, the Roman God of War.
- OMAC's trademark mohawk and eye chest symbol were incorporated into the design of the OMACs of Infinite Crisis, as well as them being supported by a satellite named Brother Eye.
- During the 1.000.000 event, OMAC was homaged in Young Justice and Superboy, where Kon-El was known as Superboy OMAC, with a similar outfit than original OMAC and known as "One Millionth Actual Clone".
- The modern version of Buddy Blank of New Earth was changed by Brother Eye into a close version of Earth-AD OMAC at the final issue of Countdown to Final Crisis.
- 64 Appearances of Buddy Blank (Earth-AD)
- 8 Images featuring Buddy Blank (Earth-AD)
- 9 Quotations by or about Buddy Blank (Earth-AD)
- Character Gallery: Buddy Blank (Earth-AD)