Burtonverse is an unofficial appellation which refers to the continuity of the Batman film franchise produced between 1989 and 1997. The name is derived from Tim Burton, the director of the first two feature films and producer of the third film in the franchise.
Films that take place within the Burtonverse include:
Comics that take place within the Burtonverse include:
- Batman: The Official Comic Adaptation #1
- Batman Returns: The Official Comic Adaptation #1
- Batman Forever: The Official Comic Adaptation #1
- Batman and Robin: The Official Comic Adaptation #1
Video Games that take place within the Burtonverse include:
- Batman: The Video Game (NES)
- Batman: The Video Game (Genesis)
- Batman: The Video Game (Gameboy)
- Batman (Arcade)
- Batman Returns (Nintendo)
- Batman Returns (Sega)
- Batman Returns (Atari)
- Batman Forever (Arcade)
- Batman Forever (Home Console)
- Batman and Robin (Video Game)
- Superman exists in the Burtonverse as Batman says in Batman and Robin "this is why Superman works alone"; though exactly how he exists is unknown, he and Batman at the very least seem acquainted based on Batman's comments. Tim Burton was actually going to direct Superman Lives before pulling out.
- The Catwoman movie of 2004 suggests that it also takes place in the Burtonverse, with one of the pictures of previous Catwomen that Patience Phillips sees is that of Selina Kyle.
- The Burtonverse makes a cameo appearance in the Arrowverse, where it is designated as Earth-89.
- Characters from Burtonverse
- Other things related to Burtonverse
- Burtonverse's Comic Appearances
- Reality Gallery: Burtonverse
Links and References
|Characters, locations, and items that originate from the TV or Movie reality of Burtonverse .
To add characters, locations or items to this list enter: "Burtonverse" in the Universe section of their template.