Butch Matson was a Metropolis criminal who kidnapped Daily Star reporter Lois Lane after she refused to dance with him. Superman chased Matson's car and smashed it, rescuing Miss Lane. Matson was left hanging from a telephone pole.
Shortly thereafter, Superman found Matson at a garage where his car was being repaired. He revealed to Matson that he had done some digging into Matson's personal history and believed that the crook could be a better man.
- This version of Butch Matson, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Butch Matson is the man running in fear in the foreground of the famous cover of Action Comics #1.
- In Secret Origins (Volume 2) #1, which retold the events of Action Comics #1, writer Roy Thomas mistakenly used the name "Butch Mason".
- 9 Appearances of Butch Matson (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Butch Matson (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Butch Matson (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Butch Matson (Earth-Two)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."