Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Byrna Brilyant is the Blue Snowman, a Wonder Woman villain in a snowman robot suit.
The Blue Snowman, as it was named by the press of Washington D.C., was a giant exo-mecha created from different stolen technologies by Byrna Brilyant, who had been hired by Veronica Cale among other villains to attack Wonder Woman. The suit had further tech that controlled the temperature and moisture around it, being able to create blue snow. Brilyant had her cerebellum wired into the suit, so it became an extension of her own movements. So when Diana crashed the suit, her brain crashed with it. Only then did Diana learn that the Blue Snowman was actually a woman.
Byrna Brilyant would again cause trouble for Wonder Woman when she was paid by someone unknown to end the romantic Valentine's Day dinner of Diana Prince and Steve Trevor. After being defeated by the couple's joint work, it was revealed that inside the Blue Snowman robot suit there was actually a woman (strangely, it seems that the previous meeting between the villain and Diana was forgotten). She revealed that she did not name herself Blue Snowman because she wanted to be called a girl, and that sometimes she knows that she is a guy, and sometimes she is not. As she believed herself a freak and because of that she could never be loved, she hated Valentine's Day. However, when a young man approached her and told her that he was also gender-fluid and that they, while it was rough, were not freaks. Byrna discovered that there was a name for that and that she had a lot to process. Diana let her go, praying that her new insights would bring her peace before they met again.
Powers and Abilities
- Genius Level Intellect
- Blue Snowmen Robot Minions
- The Blue Snowman Exo-Mecha: Byrna Brilyant has so far worn two different suits, one giant and one of normal human proportions, but both had the same ability to create blue snow.
- Blue Snowman's Airship
- Blue Snowman was created by Joye Murchison and Harry G. Peter, first appearing in Sensation Comics #59. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Blue Snowman first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Superman/Wonder Woman #4 by Charles Soule and Tony S. Daniel.
- 10 Appearances of Byrna Brilyant (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Byrna Brilyant (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Byrna Brilyant (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Byrna Brilyant (Prime Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."