- I don’t care who I have to hurt, as long as it allows me to finally die.
- — Marcus Pierce src
Cain was the oldest son of Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden. He became the world's first murderer after he killed his brother Abel and so he was cursed by God with a mark that guaranteed him eternity to mourn for it.
Throughout history he has used several names to conceal his true identity in search of a way for him to be killed. At present, he used the nickname Lt. Marcus Pierce, working for the Los Angeles Police Department while he was also the serial killer known as The Sinnerman.
Having fallen in love with Det. Chloe Decker, he gave up looking for death and became a rival to Lucifer Morningstar for her love until Lucifer managed to kill him in a fit of fury when he believed that Pierce had killed Decker.
- Mark of Cain
- Immortality: Cain is cursed to walk the earth for eternity, making him unable to permanently die through any natural or unnatural causes.
- Accelerated Healing: Cain's curse also keeps him in his physical prime and allows him to recover from injuries without assistance which should have left him crippled, maimed or requiring medical care. The speed of this depends on the severity of the injury with him being able to recover from relatively minor injuries like stab wounds in a few hours to taking six months to recover from jumping into molten lava.
- Power Loss: If the Mark of Cain is erased, Cain gets rid of his curse and thus becomes vulnerable to harm and can die permanently.
- Cain/Marcus Pierce was portrayed by Tom Welling.
- This character is an adaptation of Cain, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 18 Appearances of Cain (Lucifer TV Series)
- 2 Images featuring Cain (Lucifer TV Series)
- 3 Quotations by or about Cain (Lucifer TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Cain (Lucifer TV Series)